What's new

'THE BLOB'. Original or remake? Your choice. (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I like the remake for 2 reasons: Shawnee Smith and Candy Clark. Sticky monsters are fine...but sometimes it's all about the ladies running from them. ;)

Seriously, last time I saw the original I think I found it a little boring. It had to be in the 1980s and I'm sure I'd like it better now. But I usually watch that remake once a year.

dave wright

Agent
Real Name
Dave Wright
Well,ill have to throw in a vote for the original.Its always had a place in my 50s movie geek heart,from the theme song (Burt Bachrach i think had something to do with it) to the great movie theater scene.
That being said im surprised at all the love for the remake,ill have to give it another looksee.About all i can recall is the short order chef being sucked down the drain!

Dont forget to check out all things blob at the blobfest....the movie is celebrating its 50th anniv this year.The highlight of the fest is all the fans running out of the theater used in the original movie.....The Colonial.

News

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I actually like Dillon in this. He's not quite the actor his bro is but he did okay with the rebel type kid be plays. I'd never believe him and Smith's character as a couple though.

The kid brother's friend reminds me of a goofy little friend I had growing up.

Part of me hates when he's sucked into the blob in the sewer but another part of me is saying, I'll bet that little punk did something to deserve this!!! :laugh:

I love horror films that have a scene featuring the character actually seeing a horror movie. That's unbeatable!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.