What's new

The BLAH's (1 Viewer)

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I have the Blah's.

It's saturday night, and I'm home alone. I'm tired, feeling sick (there's a lump in my throat... predecessor to what I know is going to be a SORE throat), and it snowed all friggen day, resulting in a winter hellhole in my neighbourhood.

(I hate snow).

I left the house early this morning to take my car in for servicing. In the two hours that I was out, a good 1.5 feet of snow hit the ground. I was contemplating getting a haircut & going to the gym, but the slippedy-slide on my way out of the dealership persuaded me otherwise. I already spent a half hour shoveling that white crap out of my driveway, but I'm fairly certain that there'll be a nice lump of it tomorrow morning for me to attack; either the result of more snowfall, the assmunch showplow, or most likely... both.

I actually HAD plans tonight to head downtown to a get together, but I've cancelled that idea. I've also been made aware of a birthday party for a friend of mine which I also won't be attending for the reasons listed above.

I've ordered a pizza.

I hope it'll be here soon.

Blah.

Moe.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Meanwhile, my wife and me were basking in the warm California sunshine today....:)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I have been in the throws of a nasty flu for the past 48 hours, right after the g/f who went thru hell earlier in the week (took her to emergency room on monday, stomach flu) and is recovering herself. So it was that I the caretaker became the patient. Both our cars wouldn't start today (single digit temps), when we tried to go to the grocery store in preparation for this friggin blizzard. Had to get a jump from a BMW (the battery was in the trunk, can you believe that?!).

Blizzard, cabin fever, real fever... I've had better evenings too :)

--
H

Pamela

Supporting Actor

I'll join you. I also have the blahs. Sitting here at the 'puter, perusing the internet, making iMixes in iTunes, and counting down the minutes until I start pouring gin and tonics. I have no desire to be social tonight. Just me and the cat.

Took my car in at the crack of dawn. It's a long story, so I'll skip the details, but now I am without my car, which has to be towed to another dealership tomorrow because they accidently "dumped" the computer. Didn't get home until 5:00 p.m. (after being stranded at the mall by shuttle service) and I have the WORST headache. No groceries in the fridge, and no car to get them. They won't have a rental for me until tomorrow, and I'll be without mine unitl Monday.

O.K, I'll quite whining now. :)

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Pizza tasted like ass...

I can feel that my throat in the process of telling me that my week is going to be a fun-wow adventure.

I can hear the wind howling past my window as I type this, and I just want to be instantly transported somewhere hot. Now. Like, maybe the sun.

Assmunch plow drove by (as predicted) and has created the barrier at the end of my driveway that I spent so much time clearing earlier this evening.

I can't help but imagine all the fun that my friends are having out on the town. Speaking with my buddy earlier, I could hear the merriment in the background.

Oh yeah, at the time I was brewing tea. Herbal. It tasted like ass too.

BLAH.

Moe.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Yep...cooped up all day thanks to the blizzard hitting the northeast. Using the snowthrower was fun (only got to use it once after I bought it last year) but watching the assmunch plow leave a 12 inch pile of heavy crud snow was not.

My son is complaining to me that the snow "sucks" because it's pure powder and he can't make snowballs. My daughter is bored. My wife is fed up with the bored daughter and the complaining son.

The dog won't pee outside because of the snow, the neighbor who only speaks to me when she wants something inevitably asked if I could clear her driveway tomorrow and I'm sure by Monday the roads will be cleared enough so I'll have to go to work.

Such a wonderful weekend.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Moe, i know how you feel. Earlier today I just didn't want to do anything. Luckily I've already had my ocld for the season, but this snow storm we're getting is pathetic. I find it quite fun to drive in however. This is my first winter driving a car, and it's qutie the unique experience. I know that in another couple years however I'll loathe this driving weather. Oh well, I'm going to Glen Eden tomorrow morning for some snow blading. At least I have something to look forward to.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor

I give it a couple of days; a couple of hours if you drive stick, a couple of minutes if you're driving on a weekday, and about 14 seconds if you're driving during rush hour.

Tomorrow? Well... tomorrow I:

a) dig out from the mountain Mr. Assmunch plow left in my driveway
b) drink more ass tea to stave off (or treat) my fun-wow-I-love-winter sore throat
c) cancel plans with another friend to go out for all-you-can-eat sushi because I don't want to get her sick.

And then it's Monday.

Yey.

Blah.

Moe.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I've been up most of the night and the blizzard hasn't let up one bit. It may be the worse I've ever seen :eek:.

--
H

Jim_F

Screenwriter
As much as I don't like hot weather, my 3rd pass at snow removal in the past 24 hrs has left me cold, so to speak.

In about an hour, I have to go drive in this crap.

So why am I :D ?

The drive is in a Subaru. :D

I'm going to the airport. :D :D

Next stop, Las Vegas! :D :D :D

(but only for 2 nights :frowning: )

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Man you folks are driving my good mood away...

NOT:D

I love winter, sure it was -24 last night, but it wasn't snowing.

I had to get up from a warm bed at 10:30 to go to work, it was cold, dark, windy as hell, and for the 5 minutes it took my car to warm up I was cold, but now it's just perfect-- I'm sitting at the computer having fingers and fries, just had a nice HOT shower, and I'm not doing a damn thing all day(I may catch a nap though).

Now everybody hates me HA HA!

" I am Canadian " and I love winter!!

:p)

Brent

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
it's going to be 65 here in denver today :D

lots of BMW's have the battery in the trunk... so do miatas... some audis are under the back seat.

Jamie Goff

Agent
Still snowing strong in Plymouth Ma. Right now the wind gusts are between 30 and up to 70mph. There is about 24-28 inches of snow, with snow drifts around my house (like every spot that needs shoveling) at about three feet. The storm still has a few more hours to go so you could probably tack another 3-4 inches of snow. Crazy!

Go Patriots!!!

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I have the day off. I'm getting my tax refund tomorrow. Yeah its snowing, but who cares? I'm trying to decide which new mototrcycle jacket to order.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
My E36 BMW had the battery in the trunk. It's to promoto the perfect 50/50 weight balance thing. Batteries are heavy, some folks actually go out and replace the stock battery with lightweight ones.

As far as the BLAHs, I can't say I have the blahs, I love winter, I love snow.

Jay

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Can't say I have the blahs, but it's been a lazy day. Yesterday I washed the car and ran errands; today I've been in the house all day doin' a whole lot of nothin' (some being cleaning up my MP3 library). Yesterday I was wondering whether those in the snow regions bother to wash their cars in the winter?

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Blah.

That's all I have to say about snow, blisteringly cold winds, being snowed in with a movie from blockbastards that was a right box/wrong movie situation, being in the office on a Monday morning, losing friends this year, and the hopeless life I'm leading.

Blah.

I want to reenergize this thread with more true Blah.

And I'll throw in a "feh" for good measure.

Blah and feh.

MC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks