What's new

The Blacklist - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's fun watching Red quickly build up his criminal empire. I'm glad he now knows Tom is involved with the bones instead of dragging that out a while.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It's fun watching Red quickly build up his criminal empire. I'm glad he now knows Tom is involved with the bones instead of dragging that out a while.
Yes, I was happy about Red learning about Tom, too. And I wonder if Liz has made the connection between the duped CIA woman she worked with this week and herself, also being duped possibly by both Red and Tom (though Liz seems to be aware of Red's criminal activity and is going along with it, at least for now).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I’m sorry, but I had to laugh at the lengths they went to say, “No, guys, Tom is really, really dead this time!” The pale body, the morgue drawer, the toe tag with Tom’s name. :laugh: And after all that, I still have in the back of my mind, “No, that’s just Red picturing that stuff in his mind so he can keep the lie to Liz straight.” ;)

On the plus side, I guess we won’t have to waste time on a Redemption wrap-up episode. Boy, that must have done really poorly in the ratings to the point some exec said, “Kill the bastard!”

To be honest, I didn’t catch how Lizzy was injured so badly that she thought she was dying and went into a 10-month coma (when Red said, “Agnes will be so relieved,” I half expected a teenaged girl to walk in). I saw her punch the guy and get knocked down. The back of her head looked like something out of Dealey Plaza, but I thought it was either Tom’s blood or the blood of some of the thugs who were killed. Also, trying to make us think she was going to die was never going to work a second time. They can forget even trying that one.

What was with the distractingly bad edit of Southern Cross?

In case you missed the voiceover at the end, this was the last episode until January. I think they said Jan. 3.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
After the failure of Redemption last season, I had a feeling Tom's days were numbered when he came back to the mothership, but this makes me sad because he's been my favorite character for quite some time.

Now, I'm going to wonder if the writers pair her up romantically with Agent Donald Ressler.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
After the failure of Redemption last season, I had a feeling Tom's days were numbered when he came back to the mothership, but this makes me sad because he's been my favorite character for quite some time.

Now, I'm going to wonder if the writers pair her up romantically with Agent Donald Ressler.
I didn't like last couple of episodes as Tom made too many stupid mistakes for somebody of his skill and experience. With those mistakes, I was ready for him to leave as it diminished the character in my opinion.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
One key mistake Tom made in this week's episode was taking the bones with him instead of just the report. I don't think Reddington even knew about the report.

At the end of the episode, I don't think we know where the report is, though. It is not certain that it was in the bag with the bones when Garvey took that.

As far as Greg's question in the spoiler. Watching it again, the character's head appeared to slam down on the floor.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks. I’m conditioned to think of that kind of injury in entertainment being no big deal, like getting hit over the head with a chair or a bottle. Hell, by TV standards, Tom should have shrugged off the stabbings!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This seemed like a sloppy episode, but I’ll allow that maybe I just didn’t understand some things.

First, why would Stern not kill Reddington after hitting his car? He had killed before in pursuit of the pennies, he killed later in the episode, and he knew Reddington would be implacable in trying to recover the penny. Easy decision, limited by the fact that you don’t kill the star of the show (which is bad writing to manufacture the situation). I guess another explanation is that it was meant to look like an accident so he could get the van’s owner to come in.

Second, so Stern’s father hid the bonds in the boiler and was later fired and the boiler room was sealed up. Nobody thought to open the boiler door in between the boiler room being in use and it being sealed up?

Finally, the US government disavowed any knowledge of these bonds and said if they did exist, they were counterfeit. Wouldn’t it be very easy for the government to therefore refuse to accept the bonds, making them completely worthless?

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Your last point about the government denying the viability of the notes I also found problematic unless there was some explanation that I missed somewhere later in the episode.

I always enjoy Nathan Lane playing drama.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
There doesn’t seem to be a current thread, so I’m posting here

Fantastic episode of Blacklist tonight. Moving tribute to Clark Middleton, who passed away last October.

(Recurring character Glen - the DMV ‘tracker’)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The Glenn sequences were so much fun and at the end so moving with Spader/Red's eulogy. The last couple of episodes have been so glum and dour, so this was like a breath of fresh air.

GlennC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Glenn
This was an exceptional episode; funny, well written and acted superbly by James Spader. I am sure that Clark Middleton’s family would have been pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks