What's new

The Blacklist - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
And we’re back.

Was the sequence at the end just Tom picturing what Red would do to him if he found out he had the suitcase? It felt like something more, like a flashforward or something. I know that’s unlikely on a show of this nature.

Was that Seth Macfarlane singing the swing version of Don’t You (Forget About Me)? I suppose I could look it up.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I liked the first episode. Enjoyed Red's joy at manipulation on a much smaller scale than he's used to. I'm sure that Tom scene will become clear at some point. I did get annoyed that the con man managed to trick Lizzie/Red numerous times. They're supposed to be SMART, and he had that oozy stench of charlatan all over him.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
So, Red handed Benedict Arnold to the FBI on a silver platter. It was an enjoyable enough episode and I like seeing Red back to his machinations, but the first two have not been terribly exciting for whatever reason. Maybe because the central question was answered? I don’t think that’s the case, but possibly.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So, Red handed Benedict Arnold to the FBI on a silver platter. It was an enjoyable enough episode and I like seeing Red back to his machinations, but the first two have not been terribly exciting for whatever reason. Maybe because the central question was answered? I don’t think that’s the case, but possibly.
Right now, I don't think Red is her father.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Is there something in the show that makes you think that? Red did say he would never lie to her, and he told her flat out he was not her father in an early episode. But, I’ve always figured he was and didn’t have a reason to doubt the confirmation (other than the fact that it was the obvious conclusion and therefore one the writers might want to subvert).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Is there something in the show that makes you think that? Red did say he would never lie to her, and he told her flat out he was not her father in an early episode. But, I’ve always figured he was and didn’t have a reason to doubt the confirmation (other than the fact that it was the obvious conclusion and therefore one the writers might want to subvert).
I just got that feeling and why Mr. Kaplan would set it up for her to discover what's in that suitcase.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I found last night's episode very intriguing because of the number of switches that took place. Almost needed a score card to know whom Red was in bed with at any given time. I'm really enjoying the season, and I'm further fascinated by how Elizabeth is willingly joining in on the scheming without even batting an eye.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I found last night's episode very intriguing because of the number of switches that took place. Almost needed a score card to know whom Red was in bed with at any given time. I'm really enjoying the season, and I'm further fascinated by how Elizabeth is willingly joining in on the scheming without even batting an eye.
Because she thinks she has his criminal genes.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If they plan on wrapping up Redemption, I hope it’s just a quick episode and nothing more. Maybe they’re not planning to address it at all.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I laughed out loud when James Spader's Red told Tom, "I thought it was a silly idea in the first place." It was said in such a pointed fashion that I could have sworn he was talking about the idea of a spinoff being silly rather than Tom joining forces or plotting against one or both of his parents.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I laughed out loud when James Spader's Red told Tom, "I thought it was a silly idea in the first place." It was said in such a pointed fashion that I could have sworn he was talking about the idea of a spinoff being silly rather than Tom joining forces or plotting against one or both of his parents.

Yeah, it reminded me of the line in Chicago Fire last week:

Hope: "I've never been to a firefighter bar before."
Gabby: "Oh yeah, we got cops, doctors, lawyers... Well, not so many lawyers anymore."

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Another step forward in Red rebuilding his empire: he has a plane. Some entertaining scenes as Red maneuvers to keep the upper hand in all of his transactions.

Obviously, Donald is going to eventually have to ask Red for help to extricate himself from his dilemma. Wonder how long that will be dragged out before he capitulates?

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Another step forward in Red rebuilding his empire: he has a plane. Some entertaining scenes as Red maneuvers to keep the upper hand in all of his transactions.

Obviously, Donald is going to eventually have to ask Red for help to extricate himself from his dilemma. Wonder how long that will be dragged out before he capitulates?

Nah. Liz will find out, and whack the guy, then SHE'LL get in trouble. THEN Red will step in....

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I just got that feeling and why Mr. Kaplan would set it up for her to discover what's in that suitcase.
There is another theory about the Raymond Reddington we see in the show. The one whose DNA Cooper took was Liz' father, but the man we know on the show is not him. He took over his identity way back then. Remember we have not see the results of a DNA test, using the DNA from this character - Liz through away those results. They wouldn't have talked about that if there wasn't a possibility that the two tests would have different results.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There is another theory about the Raymond Reddington we see in the show. The one whose DNA Cooper took was Liz' father, but the man we know on the show is not him. He took over his identity way back then. Remember we have not see the results of a DNA test, using the DNA from this character - Liz through away those results. They wouldn't have talked about that if there wasn't a possibility that the two tests would have different results.
Yeah, I know about that theory and perhaps that's it. In time, we'll find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HobbitGolf
Recent bookmarks