What's new

Pre-Order The Black Windmill (1974) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81ZqJ36niJL._SX522_.jpg

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Looked that this disc last night. It looks really good overall. I was a little disconcerted in that the opening titles are windowboxed in the master Universal provided, but when they end, it opens up to full 2.35:1.

This is a neglected Don Siegel film made in the U.K. for those interested in his work. Includes a nice audio commentary with Siegel's son.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Looked that this disc last night. It looks really good overall. I was a little disconcerted in that the opening titles are windowboxed in the master Universal provided, but when they end, it opens up to full 2.35:1.

This is a neglected Don Siegel film made in the U.K. for those interested in his work. Includes a nice audio commentary with Siegel's son.
Thanks, this is a film I really like. I saw it a number of times when it first opened, and while it's not a masterpiece like CHARLEY VARRICK, it's very good, especially as the film ventures into Hitchcock territory, and it's interesting seeing Siegel's editing choices as opposed to what Hitch might have done. Also, as I recall, the relationships among the characters are very nuanced, and it's those relationships that propel the plot forward. Because of that focus on relationships and character development, it's more a British than American film, and it's great seeing Siegel, the master of action sequence editing, directing a genre film that focuses on relationships.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks