What's new

The Black Shield of Falworth (1 Viewer)

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
Anyone seen this movie? 1945 Toni Curtis, Janet Leigh star in this funny and well written movie.

My brother and I would wait and wait and wait for this movie to be shown on TV on a classics show (It think it was on WGN), and growing up loving D&D this was the closest thing we had for a movie that was clean and enjoyable dealing with the awesome subject matter and decient story line, and "OK" acting. But we did not care it had knights, and damsels, and kings, and jousting, etc... Great for the whole family and manI wish it would come to DVD!!!!

Even the used VHS is $100, that is just too much for me!

If you ever get to watch this film do yourself a favor and go see it without any expectations and realize the date it was made and you will enjoy it!

IMBD link to The Black Shiled of Falworth

Well anyway! I was wondering what company I would need to notify to let them know that I would love to see this movie on DVD? What is the best way of going about this?

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
Isn't that the one with the immortal line:

"Yahnda lies da castle of my fahda."

Bless him.

It's a Universal Picture, so I'd start there. I've popped a request in on the Universal Requests thread of the Studio Feedback forum.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I'd go for it. And be certain to order that other soon-to-be-released Robert Wagner/Janet Leigh classic Prince Valiant, one of my guilty pleasures.

Bob Engleman

Stunt Coordinator
Based upon the Howard Pyle novel "Men of Iron", this film has been a 10 for me since childhood. Is the movie great? A resounding NO!!! But I love this movie, and even today when Miles of Cresbydale's revealed to be Miles Falworth, chills and misting come upon the moment. Fortunately, I have the faded VHS, which's better than nothing. I also realize this title would require an extra bit of restoration, which may not be economically feasible for Universal.

Bob Engleman

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
So it is Universal?

Ok, what is next then? heh.

The only copy I have is a recorded copy from WGN shown about 15-20 years ago!

But just think Bob, you can sell your copy for $100 over Amazon!! woo hoo, heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks