What's new

The Black Hole deep sub bass! (1 Viewer)

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Guys, It’s just hit me, I’m running The Black Hole right now, but with “Classic FM” on the tuner, I was watching the film three times last night possible four times, the wires, they can digitally remove the wires, and do nothing else to the film, as some of the shots the wires stick out like a sore thumb, and that’s on a 27” SONY monitor, at 11 feet away, talk about someone with good eyesight!:D

But if I squint at the screen I can barely notice the wires:D

jim.vaccaro

Second Unit

Were you watching on a 4:3 TV? Because other than a few shots that exhibited some moderate grain, I thought the Disney version looked gorgeous on my SP4805. I haven't seen the Anchor Bay version, but I can't see how it would look that great being non-anamorphic.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I have this on DVD and love the music on it. The film does go off the deep end in the last half hour, but it isn't bad movie.

jim.vaccaro

Second Unit
If you have the Disney version, there's a featurette on it called "Through the Black Hole"....I got the impression that even the film makers didn't know what to make of the ending. :laugh:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

I am watching my DVD's on a 65" Sony 16x9 set. And without a doubt, to my eyes, the old Anchor Bay non anamorphic version is superior to the new anamorphic version in every way...detail, color, lack of grain, etc..

Apparently no one else has done a comparison between the two other than me. I'm no expert, but I am convinced. Hopefully someone else will compare the two so we can at least have an opinion other than mine.;)

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
I think the major thing the AB version has over the anamorphic Buena Vista version is simply a source print in better condition--the BV version is riddled with white pinpoint debris spots; the AB print is much cleaner. It is the only DVD upgrade I've done wherein I still question whether I made the best decision...better print or not, though, something always has to be said for anamorphic enhancement, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks