What's new

The Bits CES report - will it ever come? (1 Viewer)

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
Not to rag, but how many times has Bill said he's "just waiting for a few more documents" or that "the full report will be up later today/by the end of the week/early next week/etc."? It's been almost a full month since CES, 2 weeks since the Andy Parson's interview...I'm starting to wonder if we'll even get a look at it before the new HD formats launch.

At this point Bill, just post what you have and post the new stuff as you get it ;)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I'll take July 30. :)

I think that the problem is that he still has questions that he feels MUST be in his report, and he cannot get the answers for them.

Or, even worse, he has conflicting information, and I am not surprised at that. I can still see both sides changing specs before the first rollout.

Glenn

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Frankly, I haven't been reading daily as in years past given that there's been more hi def news available elsewhere. Did the CES report happen?

I sent Bill an email expressing how disappointed I've been with this whole CES tease... been about a week and no response (not that I neccessarily expect one).

I don't understand why he doesn't just post what he has and explain wherever it is unconfirmed or conflicting.

This fiasco has really hurt my opinion of the Bits... if he didn't keep dangling it in front of us like a carrot it wouldn't really bother me. But he's made so much of it that I am very anxious to see it.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I think the problem is that on January 17 we were told just one small thing more needed to be done and we'd have it that day. It's still there.

I don't know what the problem is with the one thing that needed to be added, but if it's expected to take less than one day, and 23 days later it's still a problem, then just post the rest of the report. I love the Bits, and pay no money for it, but at least take down the text that's promising it on January 17th.

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
At this late date, is Bill's report even relevant? This delay is typical of the site's "We'll get that posted for ya real soon!" mentality, and looks really poor for a site that purports to be among the leaders of DVD-related news. Good to know about the raccoons, though. And the Vikings. Cheers.

DS.

JackKay

Second Unit
Dave, don't concern yourself then. Personally I can wait. Bill not only is in the know but has connections even he won't talk about. I can wait.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering the same thing...it still says "coming tomorrow".

I'll assume that other events got in the way and now that CES is past maybe he's decided not to do it and forgot to change the notation on the CES report?

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson

They should really post the stuff from CES and everything else they have now and post the new stuff as it comes. News on the new formats is coming so fast that they'll never get anything up if they keep delaying their report because of new information.

Jeff(R)

Second Unit

"Hello Bill, what's happening? Listen, are you gonna have that CES report for us this afternoon?"

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
I have now read over the cnet report and found it very indepth. I don't know how Bill could top that report at such a late date. A CES report at this time is almost old news.

Bill Hunt

Insider
You guys are cracking me up. Yes, the report will come. The problem is that just about the time we get it close to being finished, some of the information is out of date. The situation behind-the-scenes on these formats is a little fluid right now.

The first thing we expect to post in the next few days is the transcript of over an hour-long interview with Toshiba's Mark Knox on HD-DVD.

I'll try to check in here to make an update when we have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks