What's new

The Big Lift (1950, w Montgomery Clift) decent, uncut DVD anywhere? (1 Viewer)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
All I've ever seen are prints that look like they were filmed at midnight through a lens painted black.

billw6560

Grip
Real Name
Bill Walch
All I've ever seen are prints that look like they were filmed at midnight through a lens painted black.
I just watched the DVD from Netflix, and it's terrible. The picture was very fuzzy (akin to a high compression rate), had a lot of aliasing, and the sound was very distorted and over modulated (clipping). It's as though that whoever released the DVD took a VHS copy and did a poor job copying it to a DVD. I saw this in TCM some time ago, and their broadcast version was fairly decent. Not much help though for the DVD issue.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
It seems all over the world there are dozens of DVDs of this film . . . and they are all total garbage! So, who owns this film?

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
It's a Fox movie that seems to have slipped into the public domain.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
It's a Fox movie that seems to have slipped into the public domain.

So it's another Beneath The 12-Mile Reef situation. Well, Fox did release a really good DVD of that film long after numerous PD discs of extremely low quality had flooded the market. Can lightning strike in the same place twice? Fox: what have you to say?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks