What's new

Pre-Order The Big Lebowski 20th Anniversary (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Seeing this on the big screen Wednesday night as a Fathom event. The Dude Abides.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
We're talking favourite films here - I think it's a toss-up between Robocop and The Big Lebowski over which film I've seen the most times during my lifetime. I tossed out the hideous DNR'd blu-ray, so I've had to make do with a rather poor Italian blu-ray for the last few years - Il Grande Lebowski - basically an uprezzed DVD-master.

Can't believe I first saw this with my Mum, back in the day. ("Gee Mum, it's by the same guys that made Fargo, only this one's a comedy"). She couldn't stand filthy language. Swearing-wise, The Big Lebowski's right up there with Pulp Fiction (which she refused to see, I can assure you).

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just finished watching it on my LG OLED and it’s a definite improvement over the previous Blu.

Detail is improved and HDR adds a subtle layer of improvement over the color scheme of the previous version.

I attended a recent Fathom showing of this film and this must have been the DCP they showed.

Worth the upgrade if you are a fan of this film and it’s currently only $17.96 at Amazon.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just finished watching it on my LG OLED and it’s a definite improvement over the previous Blu.

Detail is improved and HDR adds a subtle layer of improvement over the color scheme of the previous version.

I attended a recent Fathom showing of this film and this must have been the DCP they showed.

Worth the upgrade if you are a fan of this film and it’s currently only $17.96 at Amazon.
I bought the 4K/UHD from iTunes so I'm not going to buy the disc.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The normal BD is plenty good for me. Some films I have absolutely no urge to upgrade. Still waiting for a Fargo UHD...the work has already been done, where is the disc?

The Coen Brothers films I would love to see, and buy day one 4K:

-Miller's Crossing

-Raising Arizona

-Blood Simple

-Fargo

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I was finally able to watch the 4K UHD in its entirety last week, and it's a *huge* improvement over the previous DNRed Blu-ray release. The Big Lebowski finally has a very nice, film like home video release. I couldn't be happier with it. And that's just like, my opinion, man.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It gets better every time I watch it. My wife and I try to catch something new with every viewing. Like the black and white dreary desolate photo of the Knudsen’s farm which is supposed to make Bunny homesick. Hilarious. :laugh:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
The only person I've ever known not to find The Big Lebowski completely hilarious, was my dear departed mother - may her soul rest in peace. As I said in a previous post, I once brought it to her home on DVD (what was I thinking?) and she got up after about 20 minutes and said firmly: "I'm not watching a film with so much bad language" and went to bed.

My Dad was murdered on his farm in Zimbabwe in 2005. When he was cremated, it was a bit like the end of the Big Lebowski, when The Dude and Walter go to pick up the remains of their friend from the funeral parlour. There were no urns to buy in Zimbabwe, because of the terrible state of the country, so we had to buy an old trophy cup from a garage sale to put the ashes of my Dad in. Not quite a coffee tin, but still. Then the cup fell over in the car on the way to the funeral, with all the ashes spilling out on the back seat. My weeping sister said: "Oh dear, now Dad's going to be a permanent back-seat driver, wherever I go!". Somehow this reminded me of Walter throwing the ashes all over The Dude and I just couldn't stop laughing. Even my appalled sister started to laugh then. It might sound terrible to everyone else, but our family has somehow always seen the funny side of everything and The Big Lebowski is the one film I would like cremated with me, when my time comes. Maybe not the 4K version - I can burn up the horrible DNR'd 2011 version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks