What's new

The big 'G'!! (1 Viewer)

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone happen to have the new Hong Kong Disc of the latest GODZILLA VS MECHAGODZILLA (Again!)?. Just wondered what the quality's like?

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
I received mine on Tuesday but sadly, the disc was damaged and it constantly freezes during the final half hour. I'm presently waiting on a replacement copy. Based on the bits that I did get to see, the image is 2:35:1 but not 16x9 enhanced ( no different from Universe's previous Godzilla releases ). I don't have a DTS setup so I've no way of judging that track, but the Japanese seems to be basic stereo. The DTS is exclusive to the Chinese language track. The colours seem a little washed out but maybe that's the way it looked in cinemas, I don't really know. The English subs are quite large and easy to read. At least it has subs, unlike the Japanese R2.

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Sean.I just got mine through the door today so I'm looking forward to it. I was a bit disappointed in the transfer of the last film, GMK, as that's been my favourite of the more recent films.Still, its the only real option for the subtitled versions so far.

ArmandV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Armand Vaquer
I received mine on Tuesday but sadly, the disc was damaged and it constantly freezes during the final half hour.
Funny you should mention this. I bought a region-free player because I just bought the Hong Kong Region 3 Godzilla x MechaGodzilla and Godzilla x Megaguirus (by Universe) DVDs. Both will play for about 5 minutes and then freeze & go several times and then boot me into the DVD main menu. All my Region 1 discs play just fine.

The tech where I bought the player says it is the DVDs (if it were the player, then all my DVDs would do the same thing).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks