The big 'G'!!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Martin S, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Martin S

Martin S Stunt Coordinator

Anyone happen to have the new Hong Kong Disc of the latest GODZILLA VS MECHAGODZILLA (Again!)?. Just wondered what the quality's like?

2. Sean Campbell

Sean Campbell Second Unit

I received mine on Tuesday but sadly, the disc was damaged and it constantly freezes during the final half hour. I'm presently waiting on a replacement copy. Based on the bits that I did get to see, the image is 2:35:1 but not 16x9 enhanced ( no different from Universe's previous Godzilla releases ). I don't have a DTS setup so I've no way of judging that track, but the Japanese seems to be basic stereo. The DTS is exclusive to the Chinese language track. The colours seem a little washed out but maybe that's the way it looked in cinemas, I don't really know. The English subs are quite large and easy to read. At least it has subs, unlike the Japanese R2.

3. Martin S

Martin S Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Sean.I just got mine through the door today so I'm looking forward to it. I was a bit disappointed in the transfer of the last film, GMK, as that's been my favourite of the more recent films.Still, its the only real option for the subtitled versions so far.

4. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

I expect my copy sometime this week.

5. ArmandV

ArmandV Stunt Coordinator