The Big Day is less than 2 weeks away

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jon_Gregory, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Jon_Gregory

Jon_Gregory Stunt Coordinator

Well I will be tying the knot with my long time, high school sweetheart on April 17th. We have been dating since our freshman year in high school (we have been together 7+ years). We split up for about a year during this time but ended up back together. We have been engaged since May 26th of last year and the wedding is just around the corner. We just built our first house together, and we just moved in about 3 months ago. I guess you could say that we have been living the American dream life so far. She works as a nurse and I am an Electrical Engineer. Things have been crazy around here for about a week and it only seems to get more hectic. Everything seems to be ready and in place, but you know how weddings go, everything gets done at the last minute. It seems like we never have enough time to get things done right now. I just thought I would share this little info with everyone. I am ready to get married and just can't wait to go on the honeymoon. This will be a much needed vacation for both of us. I have a peaceful cabin rented for 7 days in Pigeon Forge, TN. It is away from everything and yet close to things to do. Oh did I say I can't wait for the honeymoon.

Jon

2. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Congrats Jon and best wishes for a happy life together. I've been married for over 12 years now and it is awesome. Wouldn't change a thing.

Oh, enjoy that honeymoon will ya! [​IMG]

3. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

That's wonderful Jon! My fiancee and I have been engaged for about a year (May 18, 2003) and we are getting married June 1. We decided to go to a caribbean Island for our ceremorny and honeymoon. We are going to the Sandals Dunn's River in Jamaica for 2 weeks. We just decided it would be easier than all the hectic stuff about trying to do it here, plus, hey, as soon as we say "I do", we're on our honeymoon! Sounds great to me. Sounds like we have allot in common Jon. My fiance and I have been together for about 7 years also. I am also really looking forward to getting married as well. I really care for her allot. I just think it'll be great. Just thought you'd like to know. Congratulations Jon![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Jon_Gregory

Hey Richard, one of my good friends just got married this past weekend (April 3rd) and they left this morning to go to the Sandals Resort in Jamaica. They are spending 1 week down there. Man this is a small world sometimes.

5. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Congrats. I got married last September, and have enjoyed every minute of it. Like you, I married my high-school sweetheart. We owned a house together for two years before we got married, so life isn't dramatically different, but it still feels good.

6. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

Congratulations, Jon. My wedding day is May 29.

7. Bob Turnbull

Bob Turnbull Supporting Actor

Congrats Jon (and as well to the rest of you taking the plunge soon).

The only advice I'll give for the wedding day is "Enjoy The Hell Out Of It". I'll be married 9 years come May and my wife and I still think it was the best party we've ever been to. I've talked to so many people who consider their wedding day "a blur" and how they were so stressed the whole time. If possible, just relax and have fun. I know that's easier said than done I suppose (we were very lucky not to have any family or friends impose restrictions on the wedding), but it's one case where the old trite saying "Don't sweat the small stuff" actually applies...

Best of luck.

8. Chazz_S

Chazz_S Supporting Actor

9. Cal S

Cal S Stunt Coordinator

Hey, I'm getting married that very same day.

Been engaged since early November. I know what you mean about not having enough time. We're building our house while planning the wedding at the same time. It's crazy. I'm ready to be settled in.

Congrats!

10. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Congratulations! If you can build a house together and still want to get married, there is NOTHING that should ever come between you. [​IMG]

11. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

Congratulations, Jon! My wife and I will have been married for two months as of April 14th. We got married on Valentine's Day this year, and we juggled getting the wedding plans in place, getting her and her daughter moved to the town I live in, getting their things and my things all moved in to our apartment, insurance switchovers, tax changes, you name it. But we're learning the basis for our marriage and family, and it's coming together day by day.

12. Jon_Gregory

Mark,

I know what you mean. There were a few times where we disagreed on what should go where and what colors to make the floors etc... but everything went well. We did not build a custom home for our first. Rather we went with one of those cookie cutter houses that is in a neighborhood where one builder has built all of the homes. I couldn't imagine the choices we would have had to make and argued about if it was a custom home.

Cal,

getting into a house and planning a wedding has been the most stressfully part of my life so far. But once we got into the house that relieved so much. Stick with it and things will smooth out once you're settled.

Congratulations and good luck with everything to all others that are getting married.