The Big Bus is coming!....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Mar 26, 2002.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Digital Bits has a rumor that Paramount will be releasing the 1970's crisis spoof "Big Bus". It is about a nuclear powered superbus that goes out of control. I have not seen it lately. But, I remeber enjoying it as a kid.

2. Lee Bombard

Lee Bombard Stunt Coordinator

Lee
    This was produced as a spoof to the then hugely popular disaster films of the '70s. It had parodies of all the 1 dimensional characters and outlandish situations so prevalent in these films. I remember loving it back then...don't know how it would hold up now though.

Regards,

Lee

3. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

MAN!
    I saw this as part of a "Double Feature" (remember those...?) back in the 70's!
    WOW! "You're driving on the shoulder, Shoulders!"
    [​IMG]
    Moonpie rules!
    Now where is the anamorphic orig. "Rollerball" that's ALREADY out in the UK and Australia!!!!
    D

4. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Oh dear God. [​IMG] The Big Bus!
    I saw this one on the Encore channel a few years ago. I'd always been curious about it, and it turned out to be pretty funny. I don't know if this is one I'd add to my collection, but I'm always glad to see people get those forgotten little comedies that they inexplicably love. (Much like myself and Scavenger Hunt! [​IMG] )

5. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Screenwriter

Good news: THE BIG BUS will finally be seen in its 2.35:1 Panavision ratio for what must be the first time in years.

Bad news: This will likely be another title without a trailer. I really hope not; I'd love to see how they tried to sell this film back in the day.

6. Mark Lensenmaye

Mark Lensenmaye Auditioning

This will be a "must have" for me. This came out in the mid-70's, and is one of the funnier films I've ever seen. Some absolutely wonderful moments, especially Murphy Dunne (from Blues Brothers) playing the most obnoxious piano-bar musician of all-time.

Those old-guys out there will especially like the "Bicentennial Dining-Room".

This is one of the best disaster-film parodies you will ever see, filled with great situations and funny gags.

COYOTE BUS LINES Rides Again! Watch out for that automatic tire washer!

7. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    Oh man! I saw this on a late night television broadcast back in 1980! My father had borrowed a VHS VCR from the office, and I recorded the movie. I must have seen it at least 30 times after that! [​IMG]
    Can't wait for this one to come out!

8. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

I don't care for the movie, but my best friend adores it, so I'll definitely have to review it just so he can have the disc when I'm done! I'm tempted to mention its potential release now, but I think I'll keep it a secret. He doesn't keep up on DVD news, so he'll be absolutely shocked when I just hand it to him one day. Very surprised to see such an obscure title - one that's been out of print on VIDEO for many years - coming on DVD, but excited nonetheless - at least for my friend...

9. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob
    I'll be all over this release. What a hilarious flick!

"It's a goddamn miracle!"

Rob