What's new

The Big Bang Theory Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I think the limitations period has passed on Harry Potter :) Honestly, that particular point rang very false for me (as in it challenged my suspension of disbelief)--I just don't believe something as widespread as that spoiler from Harry Potter went unknown to Leonard for years. It was ubiquitous for almost an entire year!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know that spoiler from Harry Potter. I was surprised they showed that much of Howard's mother! I was sure she'd be like Maris, never to be seen. I wonder if they will carry on the storyline of Raj's imprisonment!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Josh Dial said:
I think the limitations period has passed on Harry Potter :)  Honestly, that particular point rang very false for me (as in it challenged my suspension of disbelief)--I just don't believe something as widespread as that spoiler from Harry Potter went unknown to Leonard for years.  It was ubiquitous for almost an entire year!
I've only read the first two books and seen maybe four of the films, but even I knew those spoilers. Harry Potter was just to popular. Was Leonard living in a cave the past ten years? Still an enjoyable episode, especially the first glimpses of Howard's mother.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it's hard to believe Leonard didn't watch the HP movies. I have to say, this episode made me laugh out loud. It's just damn funny :)

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
The problem I had with the episode was the whole premise that this was the straw to broke the camel's back. Really? Sheldon has been far more obnoxious, condescending, and selfish on at least 40 other occasions but that was what was going to make Leonard move out? It sounded so false. Plus Leonard's diatribe made the ending seem false also. If you expect me to buy into Leonard's disgust then he would not be going back because there was no sense of any kind of friendship to overcome a supposedly minor issue blown out of proportion. While Sheldon may be satisfied with Leonard moving back in preference to Amy moving in, I don't see what is in it for Leonard at all. The other parts of the episode were funny.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Chuck Anstey said:
The problem I had with the episode was the whole premise that this was the straw to broke the camel's back. Really? Sheldon has been far more obnoxious, condescending, and selfish on at least 40 other occasions but that was what was going to make Leonard move out? It sounded so false. Plus Leonard's diatribe made the ending seem false also. If you expect me to buy into Leonard's disgust then he would not be going back because there was no sense of any kind of friendship to overcome a supposedly minor issue blown out of proportion. While Sheldon may be satisfied with Leonard moving back in preference to Amy moving in, I don't see what is in it for Leonard at all. The other parts of the episode were funny.
It's something so minor, but I just couldn't buy that Sheldon and Leonard needed to catch up on Walking Dead. Even though Sheldon had already seen a key episode, but Leonard didn't. The way Sheldon is, would he really fall behind in a TV show?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Chuck Anstey said:
Haven't you ever been in a such a mood where someone does something they've done a dozen times before finally pisses you off? Sure Sheldon has done many inconsiderate and obnoxious things in the past, but sometimes, it can just be too much.
JohnS said:
It's something so minor, but I just couldn't buy that Sheldon and Leonard needed to catch up on Walking Dead. Even though Sheldon had already seen a key episode, but Leonard didn't. The way Sheldon is, would he really fall behind in a TV show?
I think Sheldon genuinely needed Lenoard to move back in. That invite to catchup was as gracious as he can get. Even then he had to throw in a spoiler.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Johnny Angell said:
I think Sheldon genuinely needed Lenoard to move back in. That invite to catchup was as gracious as he can get. Even then he had to throw in a spoiler.
If Leonard was really smart, he'd use the situation as leverage to throw off the shackles of the Roommate Agreement. :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Johnny Angell said:
Haven't you ever been in a such a mood where someone does something they've done a dozen times before finally pisses you off? Sure Sheldon has done many inconsiderate and obnoxious things in the past, but sometimes, it can just be too much. I think Sheldon genuinely needed Lenoard to move back in. That invite to catchup was as gracious as he can get. Even then he had to throw in a spoiler.
As Chuck said, it was that final time that broke the camel's back. People can put up with a lot of things dealing with each other, maybe 100 obnoxious things, but you reach a point and even though the next one may be just a 0.01 on on the obnoxious scale, it could be that little tiny bit that pushes you to far. Sheldon's ignorance or uncaring attitude towards other people is quite funny at times, but is often quite mean, maybe unknowingly, but he's a character that would be very difficult to live with. Ditto to the roommate agreement. It's a gag that has run its time and could have easily been retired with this episode. Shows like this need to grow and change, flow as character's lives advance. They've done a pretty good job with the rest of the cast, but Sheldon seems frozen in time and could use a good attitude adjustment.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Oh, I'm convinced that news leaks and Sheldon gets involved in a 'carnal experiment' with scientific measurements at some point.. sooner rather than later.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Stan said:
As Chuck said, it was that final time that broke the camel's back. People can put up with a lot of things dealing with each other, maybe 100 obnoxious things, but you reach a point and even though the next one may be just a 0.01 on on the obnoxious scale, it could be that little tiny bit that pushes you to far. Sheldon's ignorance or uncaring attitude towards other people is quite funny at times, but is often quite mean, maybe unknowingly, but he's a character that would be very difficult to live with. Ditto to the roommate agreement. It's a gag that has run its time and could have easily been retired with this episode. Shows like this need to grow and change, flow as character's lives advance. They've done a pretty good job with the rest of the cast, but Sheldon seems frozen in time and could use a good attitude adjustment.
If they had actually had Sheldon realize he had crossed a serious boundary, was truly sorry and grew a lot to repair the damage he had done (like eliminate the roommate agreement as stated previously) and then accidentally given away the spoiler, that would have been funny and believable. As it was the whole subplot was pointless, unbelievable, and not funny. When I heard Leonard's diatribe it sounded to me like a serious divorce that there was no coming back. There was zero reason for Leonard to agree to come back to the apartment and given how frustrated he was and I think he wouldn't have agreed just to watch Sheldon suffer with Amy wanting to move in. I think the plot of Leonard moving out should have been a season ender (Leonard gives his speech, walks out, end of episode) and the start of the next season was Leonard living somewhere else. Then they could spend the beginning few episodes having Sheldon have a growth moment "over the summer" after spending months without a roommate or having gone through 5-10 roommates in that span of time. Eventually Leonard moves back in because Sheldon was willing to make some changes and living elsewhere was causing difficultly in his relationship with Penny due to all the extra travel.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Chuck, it seems you are expecting BBT to reflect reality or at least become more real. They've established that Sheldon is a rigid, self centered character and growth is extremely hard for him. Add to this that half or more of the humor revolves around Sheldon. If Sheldon were to become a better person, be more considerate, they'd lose a lot of the humor inherent in the show. As for it being time to retire the agreement, the show is replete with golden oldies that I haven't stopped laughing at: Howard's mother Room mate agreement Raj's mutism Is Raj straight or gay? Leonard's lactose intolerance Howard's libido To get of the RMA would be a major change to Sheldon and the show and they'd lose a lot of humor. I agree Sheldon is often a jerk. Had I been his roommate and he threatened to blowup my relationship with a girl, that would have been the end. That episode was a pinnacle of his jerkdom and I would have been moving in a flash. I wouldn't have to think about it.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
If they are going to keep going to the well with Sheldon never changing then okay but they should also never have Leonard get to the point of saying he has had enough, go on a very nasty and realistic diatribe, and is moving out. Do it right (either to move the characters forward or in a very funny way) or don't do it at all.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I found Leonard's reaction believable. Sheldon pushed him over the edge, he reacted, and later calmed down. People do change their minds.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Brett_M
In anyone else in love with Bernadette? She is so damn cute.
She's such a different type of female from Penny and Amy. Amy is too nice and good for her own good most of the times and Penny can be crass and egotistical. Bernie can lay into Howard in one moment and then turn on a dime in the next moment. I loved how she got on Howard about the laundry and then basically led him to the final answer.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just caught the Valentines Day episode. Well, has Raj found someone? Yeah, in regards to Sheldon's assistant, I wonder what will become of her. What do the writers plan for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks