What's new

The Big Bang Theory Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought the Bakersfield Expedition had some moments. But not as funny as the set-up might have been. Sheldon wasn't a bad Data. The interesting part was the girls getting into the same kinds of arguments the guys would have about comic books. The odd part here is the odd mixture of fandom these guys, especially Sheldon is into. Yet Sheldon is the intellectual. So it was interesting that they appeared to feel the fun was over when the car was stolen and they were made to feel silly at the diner. But nice to see their fandom come back at the end!

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I thought it was a fantastic episode. Loved the guys in their Star Trek garb and the girls getting into comic books. It also had some drama with Sheldon's disillusionment and a nice bounce back moment when they got home.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I really thought that when Sheldon got home he would see the girls mishandling the comics out of their plastic sleeves and freak out. Also, with Sheldon loving Spock so much, who who be more superior to him? Spock or Data? (Like Piccard and Kirk)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I edited out my comment above that I thought Sheldon was such a fan of Spock and Leonard Nimoy, that it was odd they did the TNG characters. And Leonard in past episodes has shown his love for TOS too! But I can see them being into both shows. I agree about the comics all being out of their plastic sleeves and the turmoil it would have caused when the boys found their comics all out of their protective sleeve!

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Fun episode. I enjoyed the girl half of the episode more. The guy half was a pretty standard rehash of nerd put downs.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Lou Sytsma said:
Fun episode. I enjoyed the girl half of the episode more. The guy half was a pretty standard rehash of nerd put downs.
I absolutely love this show, but once in a while episdes just don't "clck". This was one. Seemd very predicable with a few funny moments tossed in. I did enjoy the guy/girl split, but overall not a favorite. Some of the girl/girl humor seems to be almost overtaking the show, not that it's a bad thing, but nice to see.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Sheldon had said before that he wants to live long enough to transfer his conciousness into an android. So I thought it quite appropriate that he'd dress up as Data. Really enjoyed the girls's arguments about Thor's hammer. Good stuff.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
JohnS said:
I really thought that when Sheldon got home he would see the girls mishandling the comics out of their plastic sleeves and freak out.
That's what we also thought as we watched. But the writers didn't go there. We also enjoyed the girls' scenes much more than the guys on this episode. They carried the show, this week.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I thought this was one of their very best episodes. if you wanted a representative show of the entire series, for me, this is the one. As for Sheldon being so smart but being such a childish geek, well that's the way he's been from the start.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Johnny Angell said:
I thought this was one of their very best episodes. if you wanted a representative show of the entire series, for me, this is the one. As for Sheldon being so smart but being such a childish geek, well that's the way he's been from the start.
I thought it was top quarter show. Stuart in the Comic Book store had me rolling. Sheldon's disillusionment at the Diner was stunning to me and the whole alternate universe ending was great. "Sheldon Cooper: All right. Next question. Kirk or Picard? Leonard: That's tricky... Original Series over Next Generation, but Picard over Kirk. Sheldon Cooper: Correct. You have passed the first barrier to roommatehood. You may enter."

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
I just started watching this show recently. I love it. We watch reruns one after the other most nights before bed. It's a riot. What I find interesting is how each actor nailed the idiosyncrasies of their characters so early on. (Even a great show like Seinfeld didn't to that. It took a full season and a half to create the characters we grew to love.)

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Brett_M said:
I just started watching this show recently. I love it. We watch reruns one after the other most nights before bed. It's a riot. What I find interesting is how each actor nailed the idiosyncrasies of their characters so early on. (Even a great show like Seinfeld didn't to that. It took a full season and a half to create the characters we grew to love.)
Some shows hit the ground running. West Wing was like that. This is going back a ways but I think X Files was like that too. The BBC Sherlock was gangbusters from the start and Elementary has been top notch from the beginning.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell
Some shows hit the ground running. West Wing was like that.
I consider The West Wing to be one of (maybe even the) greatest TV shows of all time, but I would argue it didn't find its stride until episode 6 ("Mr. Willis of Ohio"). While the previous episodes were still great (the opening sequence following Leo in the pilot is brilliant), the actors, directors (maybe not Schlamme), and even Sorkin himself were still gravitating toward that magic that the show quickly found.
I take your point, though, and agree with it. The powers that be behind Sherlock knew exactly what they wanted the show to be, and delivered on all fronts.

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator
Johnny Angell said:
Some shows hit the ground running. West Wing was like that. This is going back a ways but I think X Files was like that too. The BBC Sherlock was gangbusters from the start and Elementary has been top notch from the beginning.
Thought the pilot for Miami Vice was about the best first episode ever produced.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Josh Dial said:
I consider The West Wing to be one of (maybe even the) greatest TV shows of all time, but I would argue it didn't find its stride until episode 6 ("Mr. Willis of Ohio").  While the previous episodes were still great (the opening sequence following Leo in the pilot is brilliant), the actors, directors (maybe not Schlamme), and even Sorkin himself were still gravitating toward that magic that the show quickly found. I take your point, though, and agree with it.  The powers that be behind Sherlock knew exactly what they wanted the show to be, and delivered on all fronts.
Well, even Usain Bolt gets faster after the start, but he still is doing pretty darn good at the beginning. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
MikeEn said:
Thought the pilot for Miami Vice was about the best first episode ever produced.
The interesting thing about that is that I didn't see the beginning of season 1 until many, many years later (after the DVD set came out) and didn't realize that Edward James Olmos didn't appear until the 4th or 5th episode! The early MV episodes really hold up well.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I think it would be funny that Raj's new girlfriend had some type of phobia against men. I think it would be great if she can't talk to guys unless she has to do something specific.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Just watched the latest episode in which Penny and Leonard discuss with Sheldon if he'll ever have sex with Amy. It was odd, it seemed as if Sheldon dropped out of Sheldon mode for a few minutes. Also it was surprising to hear Sheldon say it was a possibility. I'm thinking the writers are preparing the audience for this to happen someday. This was one of their weaker episodes, IMHO.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
We finally get a glimpse of Howard's obese mother.. It was basically her in the kitchen, in the background in a moo moo. Kind of like a Martin Lawrence in Big Mama's House moment. And if you haven't read any of the Harry Potter books or haven't seen Walking Dead Season 3, I'd suggest not watching this episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks