What's new

The Big Bang Theory - season 3 (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I don't live in wherever in California that they live, but... they do have taxis there, right? Car service? Does Penny have any other friends?

So... Penny yells for help, a cry that makes it through her bathroom door, through her bedroom door, through her entrance door, across the hallway, and through Sheldon's door? Was this supposed to be absurd?

The guys unknowingly get stoned from pot cookies and they get the munchies? How far back does this trope go back? Didn't Aristophanes write a play like this back in the day?

There were some yucks to be had, but that was a really lazyily written episode.

Oh, and when Sheldon was dictating and takled about missing human contact, where was the "Bazinga"? Was this from a spec script?

Spero D

Second Unit
Disagree with you Hanson. Thought it was a funny ep. Love the chemistry between Jim & Kelley when Penny & Sheldon are together in a scene.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
In a way, I agree with Hanson, the setups seemed like spec material. Even I questioned whether Penny should have just waited for an ambulance when we see that she had to get dressed and then deal with Sheldon getting the car ready.
But the cast put their all into the episode, and it was a load of fun overall. I laughed very heartily at Sheldon getting the car ready to go, especially moving the seat back. I thought the ending was a bit weak, even though the audience at the show seemed to love the "Soft Kitty" bit.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Damn Monday Night Football! (Did I just say that?!?!?!) Here in Baltimore, the CBS shows were replaced with a simul-cast of the Ravens/Browns game.

Do I have any options other than waiting for this episode to be re-run?

Glad to hear it was an enjoyable episode.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I enjoy the Sheldon/Penny interaction far more than the Leonard/Penny one. All for Penny dumping Leonard and hooking up with Sheldon.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
They can dump Leonard from the show, for all I care. I am tired of his twisting his head sidewise, squinting, and looking up in almost every scene. The other three male characters, while each strange in his own way, are funny. I wouldn't miss Leonard for one second.

I would, however, miss the homage to Sheldon Leonard, one of my earliest favorite TV actors, always as a mobster of some sort.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
While I can't say I agree with dumping Leonard altogether I do wish they bring back a little more of his nerdiness if I may use that word. He's becoming far too normal for my liking, he was funnier and more endearing when he was right there with the rest of them playing Halo and Klingon Boggle.

Lately I get the feeling from him that he's becoming too good for all that now that he's in a decidedly un-nerdy and adult relationship.

And btw, where are the scenes I used to love with all five in one room hanging out? Everyone's been pairing off more lately and I don't care for it.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Originally Posted by Derek Miner

In a way, I agree with Hanson, the setups seemed like spec material. Even I questioned whether Penny should have just waited for an ambulance when we see that she had to get dressed and then deal with Sheldon getting the car ready.
But the cast put their all into the episode, and it was a load of fun overall. I laughed very heartily at Sheldon getting the car ready to go, especially moving the seat back. I thought the ending was a bit weak, even though the audience at the show seemed to love the "Soft Kitty" bit.
Not really, Penny is a low wage worker, just how much money do you think the Cheese Cake factory pays? Who knows if she has medical benefits? I've had to pay for one of thos ambulence rides, they are'nt cheap.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought the Katee Sackhoff fantasy scene in the bathtub was terrific!

The Sheldon gag at the end was very predictable, which was a surprise for this show.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

I thought the Katee Sackhoff fantasy scene in the bathtub was terrific!

The Sheldon gag at the end was very predictable, which was a surprise for this show.
One thing for sure Katee cleans up nice!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Loved the whole thing; Penny was just dead on and Sheldon had one of the best lines with the "whisper in my ear" moment..

But the vanity card.. holy cow. I know if that stayed up long enough for a lot of people to read, CBS would get some mean letters :)

especially from anyone named "Dudley"

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Arrghh. Yet again, Monday Night Football screwed me over. Last time, our local network re-broadcast the shows like at 2AM on Thursday, and thankfully the DVR picked them up. Guess I'll have to wait until then to catch up.

I always love reading the vanity cards (thank you, DVR!). It's clear Chuck Lorre has fun with them on both BBT and 2.5 Men - I recall one time he had a joke on the card for the first show and the punch line on the card for the second show!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I thought that was one of the funnier episodes of the season, but then again, I've enjoyed all of the episodes with Wolowitz and his new girlfriend very much. That actress has fit right into the group with a distinct personality-- a hardcore nerd who isn't steeped in pop culture geekiness -- she's like another, less explored facet of nerddom.

The Penny and Sheldon interactions are always gold, and I have begun to notice and appreciate the subtle Texas Twang that comes out when Sheldon is at his most flustered.

And another hilarious Wolowitz and off-camera mother scene to top it all off.

Kind of sad for Johnny Galecki that the show is at it's best when Leonard is shoved in the background. Wolowitz and Raj >>>>>>>>>>> Leonard. Even Wolowitz's girlfriend >>>>> Leonard.

BTW, does Wolowitz's girlfriend remind anyone else of Georgia Engel?

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Great episode! I too am enjoying Wolowitz new girlfriend. She is absolutely adorable and I hope she and Penny can form some sort of bond.I loved that Penny wanted to show an interest in Leonards work and asked none other than Sheldon for help! Those two on screen are funny and perfect together.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I want to know how many takes it took Kaley to get out all that Penny verbiage at the end of the episode.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I love that she was obviously just parroting what Sheldon told her, and didn't realize she was invalidating all of Leonard's work.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Heck, I still want to know how many takes it takes for Jim Parsons to get out that rapid-fire scientific babble.

Great episode, it felt like a season 2 episode and that is a very good thing.

Howard's girlfriend is incredibly cute. Funny how just the right actress can fit right in when the wrong one can't (Stephanie).

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I have read interviews with the cast where they are amazed that Parsons can nail many of these technobabble speeches in one take.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
He was on Jimmy Kimmel ( I think) and said he has a perfect memory which is how he can say all those crazy lines. He said he understand nothing he says, but he can say it well! LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks