What's new

The Bi-Monthly LEGEND thread. (ALL NEW!) (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Hi. The year is almost over. Still no word. I am sad.
Anyone care to share any rumors or news they may have heard? I remember someone on this board (I think his name was Ulmer Briggs*) was posting like crazy about Zardoz, and when it finally got released on DVD (thanks in no small part to the Home Theater Forum) I was extremely happy for him. Like he finally got what he wanted and he was satisfied and all was good on his DVD shelf.
Legend is Scott Weinberg's Zardoz.
I KNOW it's coming, but not WHEN, which makes this damn anticipation all the more irritating. I mean, the freakin' Hulk has a release date already! (OK, I exaggerate to prove my point. You can just sense the desperation.)
Bottom Line: This movie was mercilessly butchered in its U.S. release, and it's been a lifelong goal of mine to see the LONG version. I could have done back-flips when I heard what Universal had in store for this DVD, and when I first saw the cover art, I just smiled.
OK, that's all. I think the caffeine pills are wearing off.
Keep me in the loop is all I ask.

*fictional name created to avoid the wrath of Zardoz!!!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I think it's pretty much been concluded that this will be announced after the first of the year, after the foreign distrubution deal Universal has with Columbia has expired.

Do a search for threads with all the details.

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
I feel your pain. All of my Zardozzen have been released (or on the verge of release) already. But Legend keeps lurking around the corner.
Then again, with DVD's of Big Trouble in Little China , Buckaroo Banzai and Legend on my shelf, what's left to pine away for? Not to mention it will make the ten or so other copies I have of it on various video formats completely obsolete. All of that plastic will be dangerous to the environment if I throw it away!
So the lack of Legend just gives me a reason to be.
*sighs* Screw it! Where's my Legend DVD?!!?

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I have seen just bits and pieces of this film on television, and so far am unimpressed. But I haven't seen the whole thing, cut American version or anything. What is the attraction of this film? Why does everyone want it?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Unicorns? Fairies? Evil dudes?
Young purdy Mia Sara?
Young Hunky Tom Cruise?
Jack.jpg

I dunno....

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I love Legend for its visual sumptuousness. If done properly, this will be one awesome looking disc.

My shelf has many holes in it for titles beyond just Zardoz. The problem is getting the studios that own them to even consider them for release. At least we know Legend is finished. The trick is getting them put into shipping containers and out to our retailers.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Its very frustrating. This DVD should have been out awhile ago. They gave it a release date and pulled it saying they needed more time to work on the extras,but was so long ago
:frowning:

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
Believe me Scott, I feel your frustration.

I'm as desperate for LEGEND as you. I guess it's just one of these films you either go totally overboard for or just say...huh??!!

I can't believe Universal's treatment of fans (and let's face it, potential customers !)of this film.I've E-Mailed them pretty constantly over the past few months and had not even a peep back from them.

All folk want is a definate date to work towards.

And for everyone that's sick of this subject,sorry but it's only through pressure from fans that many a film has finally seen the light of day. You never know who might be reading.

Keep the flag flyin' Scott!!!

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Universal: you're killing me!

Nov 2000, February 2001, August 2001, November 2001, DECEMBER 2001, early 2002...

I'm gonna explode soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks