What's new

The Beyond, which one to buy? (1 Viewer)

DennisH

Auditioning
I noticed there is a "The Beyond" Special Edition and then "The Beyond" Special Edition, Limited Edition Tin. I've read on one web site that they are similar in DVD goodies but on Buy.com the special edition is $18 and the limited is 15. Which one is the one to buy?

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I believe the limited edition is just the regular disc in a tin. I have the tin. It's pretty cool. Actually the booklet that comes with the DVD is informative and interesting (and usually I could give less than a crap about such things.) Don't know if the booklet comes in the normal edition. I believe the discs themselves are identical.

JohnJB

Stunt Coordinator
I like the tin which you get with the limited edition, but some people prefer everything in amaray cases.

Apart from that the limited edition includes a lovely circa 50 page book (half A4 size) which is thick and glossy, detailing Lucio and his films & 6 postcard size and thickness lobbycards/posters

But either way IMO you buy this for the film which is great and the commentary which is one of my absolute favourites.

The commentary is by Catriona MacColl & David Warbeck and Grindhouse recorded it on Warbeck's deathbed (he died of cancer a few weeks later) with Catriona lying on the bed next to Warbeck, I know because the fabulous Book 'Beyond Terror The films of Lucio Fulci' shows a picture taken at the time.

The disk (which is the same on both versions) is packed with x's including alternative pre-credit sequence, interviews with Fulci & Warbeck (obviously archive) music videos, trailers, still galleries, etc.

On top of all this is has a very decent 2:35 anamorphic transfer & 5.1 sound.

Quentin Tarantino sponsored a limited theatrical re-release of this film and that's where the print the film was mastered from and hence why it is so good, comparatively.

Kenneth English

Second Unit
If you have a B&M Best Buy where you live you might think about checking there for the tin. The one by me had 2 copies of the tin at Christmas, both marked $14.99 ($5.00 cheaper than the non-tin version)! I bought it and, while I'm normally not fond of novelty packaging it was worth a measly $16.23 (with tax). The disc is exactly the same as the keepcase version but the extra booklet is quite comprehensive and very nicely produced. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks