What's new

The Beverly Hillbillies: season 5 when?? (1 Viewer)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Taken from TVShowsOnDVD facebook page. Season 5 is next to Saved By The Bell.

37047418_10156302380966063_6874770850092941312_n.jpg

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, thank you darkrock, for the cover art collage TSOD posted with the tiny cover art.

I still have to ask... what does CBS have against the actual Beverly Hillbillies logo? Did the Henning estate trademark or register it or something so they have to be paid to use it? Otherwise, it makes no sense that they've never gotten that one basic, fundamental thing right.

I mean, The BBC is putting the wrong Doctor Who logo on those 9-12 sets in the collage, but at least we know that's a branding effort. With the Hillbillies, it doesn't make any sense.

That's a minor complaint, though. At least the episodes are coming out.

...we can save the major complaints until the music situation is revealed.

Last edited:

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I sure hope I'm wrong here. 30 episodes for S5. A running time of 708 minutes. That comes out to just a bit above 23 minutes per episode. That is edited territory. If CBS HE has dared to put edited shows on there, I will personally fly to New York and picket every day! <_<

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I sure hope I'm wrong here. 30 episodes for S5. A running time of 708 minutes. That comes out to just a bit above 23 minutes per episode. That is edited territory. If CBS HE has dared to put edited shows on there, I will personally fly to New York and picket every day! <_<

I'm not sure, but I think all four seasons so far have been edited, as this is the now standard practice with Paramount TV releases.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I believe he means "Edited" as in syndication cuts, not the usual CBS cutting of music which we've all grudgingly accepted.

That's what I meant. Back of each set these days in the tiniest of print that you need a magnify glass in order to read it says something along the lines of "episodes may of been edited from their original airings".

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
That's what I meant. Back of each set these days in the tiniest of print that you need a magnify glass in order to read it says something along the lines of "episodes may of been edited from their original airings".
No episodes have been edited on DVD other than some episodes in S4 having music replacement.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
No episodes have been edited on DVD other than some episodes in S4 having music replacement.

Alright, I'm was just going by what it says on the back of many Paramount/CBS Video releases though. Good to know that the first 3 seasons of Beverly are the original broadcast episodes.

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alright, I'm was just going by what it says on the back of many Paramount/CBS Video releases though. Good to know that the first 3 seasons of Beverly are the original broadcast episodes.
Amazingly enough, they went "whole hog" for S1. If anything had the ability to be screwed up, S1 was it. It's public domain for starters. There are plenty of references to the Confederacy. There's music in it by Flatt and Scruggs. Everything was intact, AND they included cast commercials as a bonus. I wish they had given S4 the same treatment; they actually (as you probably know) released S1 AFTER S4.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Amazingly enough, they went "whole hog" for S1. If anything had the ability to be screwed up, S1 was it. It's public domain for starters. There are plenty of references to the Confederacy. There's music in it by Flatt and Scruggs. Everything was intact, AND they included cast commercials as a bonus. I wish they had given S4 the same treatment; they actually (as you probably know) released S1 AFTER S4.

Yeah, but they almost had to do S1 up special, because the MPI releases had nearly given us everything.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure

I know they've been releasing this series out of order. Season 1 might of slipped under the radar with confederate/civil war references; maybe they weren't so obvious or they didn't show the flag so much that it was OKed. The Dukes of Hazzard were the one's that suffered the biggest kibosh following the 2015 South Carolina church shooting.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
That's their standard disclaimer on edited and non-edited programs. That way they have an "out" if it's discovered syndicated, or other edits to an episode, make it onto a disc.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
That's their standard disclaimer on edited and non-edited programs. That way they have an "out" if it's discovered syndicated, or other edits to an episode, make it onto a disc.

Wouldn't they know that some episodes are edited though, since they are the one's who are overseeing the production?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Wouldn't they know that some episodes are edited though, since they are the one's who are overseeing the production?
You'd certainly like to think so. However, from what I've seen with various releases many of the people involved either don't know or don't care about such things. Few series seem to receive proper vetting by people who know and care about the product. Even when a series does receive the best TLC, things can slip through. Look at what happened with Warner's release of Batman as an example. It was apparently a labor of love for lots of people yet several issues slipped through the cracks which forced a disc replacement program.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
You'd certainly like to think so. However, from what I've seen with various releases many of the people involved either don't know or don't care about such things. Few series seem to receive proper vetting by people who know and care about the product. Even when a series does receive the best TLC, things can slip through. Look at what happened with Warner's release of Batman as an example. It was apparently a labor of love for lots of people yet several issues slipped through the cracks which forced a disc replacement program.

I think I remember TVShowsOnDVD mentioning about Batman's replacement discs, was this only for the big box of junk edition or for the stand alone as well?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I think I remember TVShowsOnDVD mentioning about Batman's replacement discs, was this only for the big box of junk edition or for the stand alone as well?
IIRC it was just for the initial pressings of the various box sets - both BR sets and the DVD set. My early US DVD set was affected and I got disc replacements. My Italian BR box set has the corrected discs.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
IIRC it was just for the initial pressings of the various box sets - both BR sets and the DVD set. My early US DVD set was affected and I got disc replacements. My Italian BR box set has the corrected discs.

My stand alone Blu-ray might be affected then, I've only watched the first disc of season 1.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
My stand alone Blu-ray might be affected then, I've only watched the first disc of season 1.
Affected discs would have the opening World's Fair scene of the very first episode without narration. If your Season 1 disc includes the William Dozier narration for that scene, then you should be safe.

CHEERS! :)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Affected discs would have the opening World's Fair scene of the very first episode without narration. If your Season 1 disc includes the William Dozier narration for that scene, then you should be safe.

CHEERS! :)

It's been 4 years since I last watched, and I only watched the 1st disc of season 1. I got my stand alone Blu-ray for Christmas 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks