The best way to move a large TV

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mark Leiter, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Mark Leiter

Mark Leiter Second Unit

There is a very good chance that I will be moving fron Orlando, FL to Phili. PA. Among my other home theatre equipment I have a 55" mistu widescreen that I would need to move. How difficult of a process is this and how delicate are the components in side? Can it stand the strain of transportation inside a Ryder truck?

Thnaks all

2. Justin_T

Justin_T Stunt Coordinator

Put an enourmous amount of blankets wrapped around the TV. Unless you have material that can cushion the ride. Nothing like a good set of blankets to keep the TV nice and safe [​IMG] Hey I did it and it worked beautifully [​IMG]

3. Mark Leiter

Mark Leiter Second Unit

Good Idea.

Thanks

4. Bruce-E

Bruce-E Stunt Coordinator

Mark
    Load your boxspring on it's side across the front wall of cargo area,then your matteress.Put the tv wrapped in heavy blanket next with screen facing matteress,and strap or tie the tv to the front of truck so it can,t move back from matteress.Put something next to the tv so can,t slide sideways.This way the only movement is rubbing of tv into matteress.If you use rope check it often so it dosen't come loose.If you have any problems securing the tv,you can buy a load-lock bar at any truck stop on the interstate for about $30.