What's new

The best TV show cars ever (1 Viewer)

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know why I thought of this--maybe because I just bought a new car--but I thought it would be a good time to discuss the best of TV show cars. Here's my top 10. I guess these are not so much the coolest, but my most memorable:

1. Batmobile (Batman)
2. KITT (Knight Rider)
3. General Lee (Dukes of Hazzard)
4. Mach 5 (Speed Racer)
5. Gran Torino from Starsky and Hutch
6. Beverly Hillbillies Oldsmobile Jalopy
7. A-Team Van
8. Lt. Colombo's Peugeot
9. Mystery Machine (Scooby-Doo)
10. Munsters-Mobile

What do you think?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Some good Ferraris from the '80s -- Robin Masters' car on Magnum, PI and the convertible from Miami Vice.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I don't think animated cars should be included, but admittedly, I always thought the Mach 5 was pretty cool.

I would definitely include the Black Beauty from the Green Hornet and the Sunfire from Get Smart.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Great thread especially for a gearhead like myself. Some of my favorites that have already been mentioned:

Batmobile(Batman)
Ferrari Daytona Spider and Testarossa(Miami Vice)
Ferrari 328(Magnum PI)
General Lee(Dukes of Hazzard)
KITT(Knight Rider)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
I love that '67 Impala Sport Sedan (4-door hardtop) on Supernatural--it has that unmistakable V-8 throb going on, but somebody needs to lube the door hinges so they don't squeak so badly.

Other favorites are on That 70's Show--the Olds VistaCruiser wagon and the
'75-77ish Toyota Corolla 2 door sedan in original babyshit yellow, a model TE-31. I had one of those Corollas back in '76, but mine was rootbeer brown.

And who could forget the '55 Pontiac that Ricky, Lucy, Fred, and Ethel drove cross country on I Love Lucy.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
How can the Brady Bunch station wagon, the icon of the 70s, not make the list :)

And, while not a car, The Fonz's motorcycle is TV classic.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

You beat me to it! I was going to post the same thing in exactly those words! :)

I'm assuming that both Honey West and The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. drove cool cars (that being part of the whole spies/James Bond fad that spawned the show) but when I remember those shows all I see is the leading ladies, everything else is kind of a soft-focus blur. ;)

And I always thought Columbo drove a Karmen-Ghia. But then, I'm not much of a car guy. Live and learn.

Regards,

Joe

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
KITT and the Corvette on Stingray are my favorites. Only Concept-Camaro BumbleBee itself (himself?) would be more fun to drive.

And, though it's animation, I must confess to having a soft spot for the MausMobile on The Tick. It had MausWindows(TM) that rolled up and down. I think it was a Dodge Aspen station wagon.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Forgot Jim Rockford's succession of gold Firebirds. Perry Mason (the original series in the 50s) always had a brand new Coupe DeVille.

Cannon's Lincoln Mk IV-a corpulent car for a corpulent PI.

The Equalizer's Jag sedan

The succession of Corvettes on Route 66.

The Dodge Coronet patrol cars on Adam 12.

I also remember a popular series in the '60s called The FBI starring Efrem Zimbalist Jr. The FBI all drove Ford sedans and the Mafia all had Lincolns. Needless to say Ford sponsored the show.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Ha! I remember that in the car chases (such as they were) they would use footage from previous seasons, so in a single car chase, Rockford would be driving a different-year Firebird every time he rounded a corner. What a hoot that was. :)

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt
To add a few more:

John Steed's Bentley
Emma Peel's Lotus Elan
Tara King's AC 428

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator

Yes indeed. Here's Peter Falk with a fan and the Peugeot.

On the other hand, that car web site you quote starts off with the monster batmobile from the movie and not the stylin' tv show model.

Ah well....

But, damn, I forgot the Partridge Family bus

and Al Bundy's "Dodge".

D'oh!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks