What's new

The best programmable remote up to 200 $? (1 Viewer)

Pete Soulis

Auditioning
What remote would you suggest if I had 200$ to spend for one? Not less than 10 devices - PC connectivity - LCD screen (not necessarily touchscreen) - Fully programmable, are the minimum requirements...

Ryan Sdao

Auditioning
I have been researching for the past couple weeks for the same kind of remote, from what I have read and heard from reputable stereo shops is the Harmony SST-659 is the one of the best in this price range, it comes with full compatability for almost all types of A/V products. The entire programming is done from the website and it very easy to use and to customize to personal preference. I am looking at getting one of these in the next couple weeks, and will let you know once i get it.

Ryan Sdao

Tim K

Second Unit
Personally, I love my ProntoNeo by Philips. Touchscreen, fully programmable, customizeable graphics, macros out the wazoo. It does everything I need it to do and can be had for $80 refurb or $140 new. Granted, I'd love a color Pronto with a bigger screen, but I can't spare the $600 for a remote!

Check out all the reviews and forums at www.remotecentral.com

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Pete: Go to The Clicker Picker at Remote Central.com. It can give you a very good idea on what may fit your needs. Remote Central also has some great user forums too for help and advice.

I personally prefer button-based remotes over touchscreens. As the guys above have noted, the Home Theater Master MX series of remotes are really good, user friendly choices.

Pete Soulis

Auditioning
Thanx everybody, although i had already checked those great sites mentioned above, and was more interested in opinions based on personal experience. You've been very helpful
Ryan I'm waiting to hear from you about the Harmony...

Ryan Sdao

Auditioning
Pete,

I haven't recieved my remote yet, overspent on Boxing Day shopping..lol. But my uncle purchased one of these and I programmed it for him. The remote was extremely easy to program, you just select your devices from the listing online and then choose what options you would like for each device, such as labels for different Inputs on the tv. Using the device is even easier, a nice feature is if the programmed set of commands is interrupted by someone waking in front of the remote, the remote catches this and asks you what devices are on and then reruns the macro, and doesn't turn the devices that are already on off, it just turns the ones that are off back on. Very nice device and one of the easiest setups i have ever seen. Hope this helps. There is tons more info on the site quoted above (remotecentral)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks