What's new

The best piece of FAN MAIL I ever received (WARNING: Not for the squeamish) (1 Viewer)

Neil N

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,
Just want to put in a quick word to offer my support. What you do for all of us here deserves cheers, not this kind of moronic attack. Please keep up the good work, and know that the OVERWHELMING majority of us support you.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
A) I disagree with Ron openly all the time. Of course I also agree with him a lot too. Funny that in all that time I have never been asked to leave, although he and Parker have done me important favors before for no reason other than I asked for the help.
B) WE had to beg to give money at times and we did so only because WE are a community here at HTF and wanted the chance to improve the area. Ron and Packy almost went to a fault to KEEP US FROM HELPING. A far cry from demanding.
Frankly, I said "Finally" when they allowed us to help out in preserving our own community.
C) Do people not realize that death threats (even implied) are just as valid via email/web as they are in person or by phone??? I see this all the time, especially in newsgroup type areas.
I sure as hell don't want to see it in my "neighborhood", which is why I hang out in a "gated community" like HTF. There are plenty of intelligent and pleasant people here to argue with, why would we want hateful jerks fouling up the air too?
D) As we all realize, you put some anonymity into a situation and all sorts of ugliness pours out of the weak and bitter. These are the same people that in person would have nothing to say, or perhaps if they are big enough or have a gun they would want to jump right into trouble. But they never want to stand toe to toe with their equal, nor do they give others the respect that they themselves seem to be whining for.
E) Any f***er mentioning anyone being in the WTC needs to move out of this country. That's so anti-American I can't even stand it. Here's your raft, here's your paddle, Cuba is that direction.
That goes beyond the ugliness of just a death threat and disrespects the suffering that the people actually involved went through. The WTC event is not just some "thing" to be thrown at someone as a threat or wished upon someone. To think of someone caught in that building hearing this guy trivialize it by saying to someone "I wish you had been in there".

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,
Thank you for Sharing. I am Pleased that this twisted person has been banned from HTF. I applaud you and Parker and the rest of the HTF gang for your Hard Work and dedication to this Passion of ours that is Home Theatre! Please don't let the warped sensibilties keep you and those of you who work so hard from our Common Passion! We Love You Guys Keep up the Good Work!
------------------
Ed Vandeweerd
[email protected]
my collection

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
I remember that thread, and while it was entertaining in a Jerry Springer kind of way, I'm glad that you finally saw fit to send that person packing. I'm curious, though. What set him off to make him send you a personal email? And is there any way you could let him back in just so we could see what stupid thing he would say next?
Thanks Ron, for all you do.

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
My thoughts & prayers go out to all the victims of Tuesdays tragic events; that this person would wish that you were in WTC, he is no better than the hijackers.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
What a pathetic excuse for a human being. To say those things really shows a lack of humanity on his part.
What can I say, Ron? Take heart in the fact that he's already wallowing in his own personal hell (for you know that someone with those kinds of emotions is already leading a very unhappy life).
Keep on keepin' on!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jeff,
It doesn't matter which thread it was, however, Ron posting the email just illustrates the difficulties in managing a large board while trying to maintain an environment in which people can post their opinions without any thoughts of being flamed. By the way, the thread you have a link to in your post is not the thread in question.
Crawdaddy
------------------

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
There's one "advantage": apparently some people deem it necessary to go to great lengths proving they were removed rightfully.
Cees

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Ron -- You do an awesome job of running this place. I'm sure that that has SOMEthing to do with my constant visits. Keep up the excellent work and don't let the bastards get you down!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

Joe McKeown

Stunt Coordinator
I gotta say, I find this whole topic kind of tasteless.
The World Trade Center was one of the greatest symbols of America, but now will be a symbol of some of the greatest evil that man has ever perpetrated against man.
The poor bastard that wrote these things to Ron deserves our pity, not our anger. Over the past few days I was watching the website that was tracking survivors. Even though my brother-in-law was not appearing on the list, it was comforting to see the list grow, eventually over 20,000 names were on the list. But the list was pulled down, because they couldn't maintain it. While searching the list I found "Homer Simpson" "Darth Vader" and "hijos de putas" amoung others in the same vein.
To think that some people would think that sort of crap funny saddens me for all of humanity.
I came to read this post from the main page, because from the title I expected to hear some sort of gushing praise. After days of miserable news I came back to the forum hoping to find SOMETHING to lift my spirits, but instead found this.
Clearly this guy has some sort of problem, but two wrongs don't make a right. Holding him out for ridicule is as bad as calling someone a "retard" for having a mental disability.
I apologize for being so heavy, but please let's take this back up a notch.
Joe

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
That's a good one Ron.
I think this might be the one guy we had return an SVS too. There's just no pleasing some folks.
You're doing a great job, don't let whacko's like this ruin your day. Still, if there was any question that America can also support the sort of dimensia that allows human beings to carry out acts like the recent terrorist strikes ..."well there goes your proof".
As Joe Jackson would say.
Ron

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
Regarding the WTC comment: How could anyone even think something so evil, let alone say it?
Proof that he's a loser. And then some. HTF is now an even better board with him gone.
Anyone still awaiting word on loved ones is in my constant thoughts and prayers.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Here's what Ron forgot to add to his original message. The typical response from Ron Epstein to the many hate mail message that he gets looks like this:
Thanks for emailing us about the Home Theater Forum!
We appreciate the input of our members, and are glad to hear from you! Have a nice day!
He cc's all the Admins on these replies and I get a kick out of it every time.
------------------
Philip Hamm
Pat's the best!™
AIM: PhilBiker
click on the little green house to see the evolution of my home theater!

William Ward

Supporting Actor
This is just sickening. Apparently, some folks just don't want to play nice. I'm glad he's no longer here to clutter up our boards with such banter.
I personally feel that the moderators do an excellent job and encourage them to keep up the good work.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Thanks for emailing us about the Home Theater Forum! Keeping pathetic losers like you off our board is a lot of work for the owners and moderators here, and we appreciate feedback as it gives us a break from the usual drudgery of keeping this board running smoothly for the 20,000+ members who visit here on a regular basis. Positive feedback is always appreciated, and the not-so-positive feedback gives us something to point at and laugh as we discuss it amongst ourselves. Your recent reply has raised the bar for all pathetic losers out there. All the other hate emails I have received from banned members seem like so much childish whining by comparison. Your picture has been posted on the dart board and the shooting range targets in the Moderator's Lounge, and your name, picture, and IP address has been posted on the Moderator's Most Wanted List, accessible to moderators of Web forums world wide.
We appreciate the input of our ex-members, and are glad to see you're wasting oxygen and keystrokes on your little crusade. Have a nice day, and be careful so you don't suffer a fatal paper cut while removing the security stickers from your Pan & Scan DVDs. (insert derogatory smiley of choice here)
It's a good thing I'm not a moderator here--I couldn't handle the stress for one, and I would be all too tempted to respond to a hate mail like this. :)
KJP

Eric Wickitt

Agent
At first, i thought "wow, this guy's got BALLS" and I almost respected him and his manner of expressing himself honestly.....
that is, till i got to that last line...now all i can ask myself is "what kind of douchebag gets SO worked up over a freakin' FORUM?"
That is a sick bastard who doesn't deserve our pity.
I swear, there should be an INTERVENTION TEAM who is responsible for extracting certain people's computers away from them....and help them re-claim a LIFE.

Scott W.

Second Unit
Keep your head up Ron. All the Admins including Ron do a thumbs up job, (in my opinion), of the running of this board. If someone disagrees with it, just leave.
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks