The Best of Ringo So Far.. not So Far ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Corey, Nov 1, 2001.

1. James Corey

James Corey Stunt Coordinator

I've been looking in on the B&M's here in hometown Canada, and have had no success in locating a copy of this All-Starr compilation so far.
    None of the Canadian e-tailers list it as being available to ship, the Canadian release date was to have been 10-30-01, and the US listed release date was 10-23-01 and most US online dealers show it as back ordered also.
    Have any Canucks actually seen this title in a store?
    Has anyone ?
    Or is this listing a figment of my Image-ination ? [​IMG]

2. Vegas 1

Vegas 1 Supporting Actor

Alvin Kuenster
    James, the dvd is out here in Vegas anyway. I picked it up last week. It has DD5.1 & DTS, but when you play it back off the audio a couple of decibles as it seems to be recorded at a higher than normal level. Sound s great & looks good. If a Beatles fan or Ringo fan you will not be disappointed.

3. James Corey

James Corey Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the info Al.
    I've been anxiously awaiting this release, recalling a Pioneer LD that was released after the first All-Starr tour.
    Interesting about the sound level... I had the same experience with "The Who at Royal Albert Hall", finding that my regular volume setting provided a 'tad' ( read as 'a lot') too much of an SPL for comfortable, full length listening.
    Kinda reminded me of that old Maxell tape advert from the 70's , the one with the guy sitting in a chair in front of his speaker and his martini glass being blown off the side table because of the gale force from the speaker. [​IMG]
    I'm still curious about why it's not available in Canada yet. Anyone....anyone ?