What's new

The best of Jerry Lewis on DVD - Finally! (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Steve, when I worked for Jerry Lewis and put his film archive in order, the only material that I found on this project were several reels of 16mm, silent home movies. (I transferred some of this footage to video, and clips can be seen in the A&E Biography from the mid-90's.) Jerry did tell me that he had some 35mm elements in his own storage facility, but I never saw those materials.

As far as I know, the film does not exist in any complete form. I have no idea where the 35mm negatives are stored, or what survives. I'm sorry that I don't have more complete information for you.

Bob

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Bob,

Thank you very much for this information. It does appear that the existance of a completed version of this film is something of an urban legend.

As an aside, thanks for being so willing to share your experiences as archivist for both Mr. Lewis and the A&C estates with us...most fascinating to read about them.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks