What's new

The best multi-switch (1 Viewer)

Alden

Auditioning
My directv-tivo multi-switch has dropped a few channels on output ant.1.
i think the multi-switch has gone bad.
ANY suggestions on the best multi-switch to purchase?
The one I have is aprox. 4 years old.

Thanks

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Alden,

I think you’ll get better (and more) responses at our Audio/Video Sources Forum. See if a moderator will move it for you.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Doug Z

Stunt Coordinator
The best multiswitch IMHO is the Zinwell 6x8 model 6802. I was talking to many people about combining 2 triple LNB HD sats because I have 1 sat receiving the 101&110 and the other sat only receiving the 119 because of a major line-of sight issue. I have only 1 line from the 119 and two avail from the other and I did not want to run 100' of cable from the 119 for additional lines. I talked to many people and they all told me the same thing..."You will need two from the 119 and 3 maybe 4 from the other" But the lead area tech for DTV told me to get the Zinwell 6x8 and you will only need 2 from the 101/110 and 1 from the 119 because it is a "smart" switch. Sure enough it worked, I have all the stations even with 1 lead from the 119. Even the Zinwell tech guy told me It would not work but the DTV man swore by it. Granted this multiswitch is designed for DTV to reap all it's benefits.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The true test of this are the test channels in the 490 range. There are five. Two for 101, two for 119 and one for 110. If you can get all five channels, then you can get all of the channels.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks