What's new

The Best / Most Unexpected Home Theatre Addition I've Made (1 Viewer)

John S

Senior HTF Member
It is interesting.. I feel for the most part, the most drastic improvement for 7.1/6.1 over 5.1 is how the mast basic 2 channel surround is improved, with DPLIIx, DTS NEO:6, Logic 7, and even my Denon 7.1 Widescreen DSP, really quite remarkable what they get out of that stuff with DSP.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
for me the big improvement was from PL to PLII; even if only 5.1 PLII processing and resulting surround information is miles ahead of PL

George Caronan

Stunt Coordinator
With regards to deploying two rear surrounds, THX Ultra II processing helps where both don't sound localized and making it more diffuse IMHO. For me the 7.1 set up is quite good, where the panning around the rear is smoother. It is immersive as described previously.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
What 7.1 did for me was that it forced me to place my rears in the more correct position almost beside me rather than behind me as behind me is where my rear surrounds went.

I noticed improvement in 5.1 sound imediatly and 7.1. . . what I have heard is great (when I come across a "EX" DVD) I have modes like DLPIIx (Wonderful) Neo6, "Expanded" "Advanced" and so forth that all sound great to me. . . IMO it has done a better job of filling my room. . . I can't tell you how many times I have actually paused the player and went to the door thinking someone was there or pausing the player to answer the phone I thought was ringing. . . I have had several little episodes like this that I never had with my 5.1 setup. . .

9.1. . . forget about it. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks