The Best LCD flat panel in the market

Discussion in 'Displays' started by glenm, Aug 9, 2006.

1. glenm

glenm Auditioning

Hey guys need help in choosing the best LCD flat panel display. I really dont know which one i should buy. My first LCD would depend on this forum and I really appreciate all the help that I can get. Mainly Im using the LCD for HDVD or DVD and for my MAC. Thanks a lot

2. Nick:G

Nick:G Stunt Coordinator

The new Sharp D90U series and the new Bravia XBR2 series would both be good choices. Both lines have native 1920x1080 displays. How big are you looking at? Keep in mind that LCDs can get pretty steep in price as you go up in size.

3. Chris V

Chris V Extra

Yeah, the D90U in 65" will cost some serious coin, like $20,000.

4. Jeffrey Johnson

Jeffrey Johnson Stunt Coordinator

I'm in the same boat as Glen. I'm looking for a 32" LCD to use as a secondary TV in my bedroom for use with DVD/HD-DVD, HD Cable, and a Mac Mini.

How is the Dell line?

5. Daryl Stovall

Daryl Stovall Second Unit

I was at Circuit City today and came across my next big ticket buy...Bravia XBR2 has got to be the sweetest thing i saw in a long time...So i decided that i'm going to get that badboy next month to replace my Hitachi.

6. BrianTwig

BrianTwig Second Unit

Whats the deal with Bravias that they seem to cost twice what comparable size sets from other manufacturers cost? What makes them so special?

I need a 56" TV for an affordable price, so an LCD is out of the question, but I have always wondered why the Bravias are so darn expensive.

7. Brandon Pop

Brandon Pop Stunt Coordinator

I have to admit, the best LCD I've ever seen is the new Sony Bravia XBR2.

8. Roger Mathus

Roger Mathus Supporting Actor

Roger Mathus
    Samsung has a new 40 inch LCD that is 1080p that looks super in the display at local Best Buy hooked up to Blu-ray. See the Best Buy web site for current pricing) The XBR2 (46 inch) on display hooked to HD DVD looks really super. I am considering the XBR2 and find that early reviews rave about how it handles HIGH DEFINITION but that it falls short on non HD signals.

9. Samsung also has a 46" 1080p model that should be identical to the 40".

At my CC the 46" is going for $3,400, which is much cheaper than the XBR2.

If the Samsung hits 3K, I'll probably get it assuming the new Sharps aren't stunning and cheap.

I've locked in on 46" LCD as my target, it's just a question of which one now.

10. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

If you want to get truly insane, Toshiba has a ~4kx2k 56" LCD that looks fantastic - at least with stills (they weren't running motion on it, 'cause they had something of a cumbersome setup driving it - a PC with four DVI video cards in it..)

Leo

11. peterac

peterac Agent

I am not an expert on TVs, but I was in a store recently and the picture on the 37" ViewSonic I was looking at was very crisp. The price was very good also.

Other members please chime in.....