What's new

The Best HTIB for my setup???? (1 Viewer)

MichealHebert

Auditioning
Greatings everyone, this seems to be a really great forum for information and research.

My wife and I recently purchased a Samsung 42' RPTV with HDTV. We love the TV and I am researching the best HTIB to compliment our TV. Here are my requirements and desires.

We have a relatively small space to fill ~150sqft, but this could be bigger in our next apartment.

We have a budget of $200-$300.

I would like to have a DVD built into the reciever system that had progressive scan to take advantage of the HDTV.

We currently have TW Cable with a HDTV reciever. The reciever has coaxil and optical outs for sound. However we will be moving soon so the HTIB we get I would like to have the ability to use either inputs.

I have researched the main brands, Samsung, Sony, JVC, Toshiba, Panasonic, and Yamaha, and nothing seems to really fit the bill. I did come accross one that did seem to fit but it is an off brand by circuit city. It is the liquid video system they carry now onsale for $199. I am just hesitent due to the off name. It did however get really nice reviews on the circuit city website. Does anyone have this system and can comment on it? Is there a brand that I am forgeting?

John S

Senior HTF Member
For $200 including a Progressive Scan DVD player, I don't think you can touch that $199 price.

I have not had the best of experiences with HTIB, but they are perfect for some.

Circuit City has a 30day no questions asked return.
That along with the ultra low price, I don't see how you can go to wrong, as if you don't like it, use it for a month then return it.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Check out the systems from Onkyo. There are some Onkyo models out there, if you do some research, that will put you just at or a little bit over your budget. I recently got my Dad an Onkyo GXW 5.1 HTIB, no DVD player included, for just over $100.00 at www.outpost.com. That price with a nice $150.00 DVD player would really fill your bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks