The best DVD web site?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ArtV, Mar 28, 2002.

1. ArtV

ArtV Extra

I am wondering what the best site is for DVD movies is. Like one with information on it about releases & all movies on the DVD format.

2. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

www.dvdplanet.com 25%off everything and they carry all titles that i can think off.

3. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I think you just posted a message at the best one on the net. 99.99% of info posted on the net is here [​IMG] Gotta question for you though...what is this doing in the section for software discussion?

4. ArtV

ArtV Extra

Why am I posting here?

"Home Theater Software

All things DVD are discussed here--as well as LaserDisc, Video Compact Disc, and even VHS. Reviews, announcements, and questions about home-theater software are also to be posted in this forum. Please include helpful explanations about any links you may include in your post. Also, discussion of software content is fine when considering the pros and cons of the presentation; however, threads that focus primarily on content will be relocated to a more appropriate forum (e.g., "Movies")."

Says it right in the description.

5. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Maybe I'm missing your question, but ...
    If you're looking for a database of disc specs, etc., well, there really isn't one. But you can try Image Entertainment's site (www.image-entertainment.com) and their advanced search.
    If you're looking for daily DVD news and rumors, you'll have to settle for more than one. Start with these:
    www.dvdfile.com
    www.thedigitalbits.com
    www.davisdvd.com
    www.dvdshrine.com
    Those are usually the sites that get the newest rumors and updates.
    If you want reviews of specific discs, you can try the above-mentioned sites but this search engine is also very helpful:
    http://www.dvd-basen.dk/uk/home.php3
    Welcome to the HTF.