The best DTS track EVER!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mathias Klemme, Nov 11, 2001.

1. Mathias Klemme

Mathias Klemme Stunt Coordinator

Now, I know this is a little off-topic here and belongs to the regional DVD area, but really, not many people are reading there, and I have to get this out:
    I got the new french 2-Disc edition of "Le Pacte des Loups" (Brotherhood of the Wolf) a few days ago, and not only does the film kick ass like few others do, the sound also blows away everything I heard before. Yes, that does include Gladiator and The Phantom Menace. It is incredibly aggressive, intense and has such deep bass and overall power that it almost blew me off my couch. Until yesterday I thought the opening battle of Gladiator was the best way to make your neighbors hate you, but Gladiator is nothing compared to this. You have never "heard" fights like this. When bones break on this soundtrack you can almost feel it. Incredible stuff, and certainly my new show-off disc for digital sound from now on.
    Mathias

2. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

Does this DVD have any English sub-titles? If it's a French only release, I'd guess almost certainly not, which is a pity. As with many R2 DTS titles, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up without the DTS track when it is released elsewhere in the world.

3. KevinHunt

KevinHunt Stunt Coordinator

Where can you order R2 discs if in the US? I never have before?
    ------------------
    -Kevin

4. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

It may have great bass...but, how "realistic" is it? Having a loud, aggressive soundtrack doesn't automatically qualify it for best ever...being faithful to reality does.
    Bruce
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

5. Mathias Klemme

Mathias Klemme Stunt Coordinator

I know what you mean by "realistic", but in this case, realism is not what's asked for. The setting of the film reminded me of Sleepy Hollow a lot, and that was a fantasy. So, no, the sound effects are not realistic, they're are enhanced, but that's exactly what's right for this film. It's simply an incredibly powerful mix.
    I ordered my copy from the french amazon site (www.amazon.fr), and unfortunately, there are no english subs (only french). I'm happy I took french in school, and the dialogue is spoken very clearly, so it shouldn't be too hard to understand for anyone who knows some french.
    Mathias