What's new

the best car review ever (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Holy shit that thing is ugly. This and that Chevy. Do people actually buy this crap.
Peace Out~:D

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I don't understand this strange love affair so many people have with trucks. Plus this black plastic crap that GM is adding to everything. I thought they had figured out with the Aztec its not a good look, granted they haven't removed all the black plastic, but they knocked it back a good bit. The Chevy would be alright if they dropped the plastic (get the idea I don't like it?) and made its dimensions better, it just seems to tall in back to me. But dammit, there's no reason to be in a Caddy that's a truck, those things don't go together.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I'm embarrassed for GM.:thumbsdown: I honestly believe that SUV designers at all companies have a sort of unspoken challenge- how ugly can we make them, and still get people to buy?:rolleyes
I was filling up my '80 Z28 at Costco (with gas, not stuff:) ), and some lady filling an Avalanche says, quite smugly, "how's the mileage on that old thing?" I said, "I guarantee it's better than that ugly behemoth." She wasn't amused.
Todd

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Off-topic, but this made me think of the road-test of the Space Shuttle crawler transporter. I did a search for it, but all I could find was a reference to it in an email listserv archive.
http://files.chatnfiles.com/Space%20..._3/V11_358.TXT
The original article was from "Road & Track" April 1985, titled "The KSC 554,756 Hardtop: Longer, Lower and Weirder for 1985."
There are a couple of quotes from the text, including.
...Speaking of steering, we found the KSC's just a trifle, dare we say it, heavy. However, directional stability was exemplary, we felt no buffeting whatever in stron sidewinds and thought nothing whatever of hands-off steering for long periods while running flat out. More top marks.
Now that's a "truck"! (And will undoubtedly be on sale in the next few years, when Hummers are passe.)

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
My friends and I were busting up for weeks over that "review!" I'm sure a lot of others found it hilarious as well.

GM is laughing all the way to the bank! If people are stupid enough to buy a $50,000 Mexican Chevy, more power to GM!

The Ranchamino lives!

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
"Whats next, a Porsche SUV or a Mark Levinson car cd changer?"

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!1 Talk about selling your soul to the devil for a dollar!

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Don't know about you, but I wanted that "editor" to shut then hell up.

I liked the review. And besides, when I'm buying a truck, I don't want Cadillac on the nose, tail or anywhere else for that matter. A Caddy truck just seems "whimpy".

Give me Chevy, GMC, Ford or Dodge anyday over that.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Have you seen how much Lexus charges for that Mark Levinson stereo upgrade ???

Its outrageous ! It's like $2500. I dont even have that kind of money in my home...oh wait, uh...nevermind. Anyway, it seems like you could go out and buy a really good system after market for that price.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
For what it's worth, GM is going to be taking off alot of the plastic on it's vehicles. Their new CEO has pretty much mandated that alot of it's vehicles be stripped of all that crap.

The Avalanche is going to be first. They are going to be taking off all of that lower body cladding and are going to make it an option if you want it. Apparently, that will save GM about $800.00 per Avalanche.

There have been pictures of Bonnevilles and some other models out there with all of that stuff taken off of them.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Shawn, that's good to here. I saw a show a while back, Car & Driver TV or something similar, in which they went to the SEMA show. They interviewed Bob Lutz who was looking at some of the aftermarket stuff for the Aztec and said flat out that this showed them ideas on what they could do to fix the Aztec's problems. He didn't try and cover it with marketing speaker or anything, he admitted the Aztec had problems.

It seems like this crap started several years ago on a bunch of concept vehicles. Apparently they must have gotten some positive responses to the vehicles in general, and the marketing people interpreted that as a good sign for hte black cladding.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
GM's fascination with gaudy plastic started with Pontiac. When was the last time you saw a Pontiac without a ton of ground effects, a spoiler and a smoke grey dashboard?
This Cadillac abomination looks like it deserves to be shown at Link Removed right off the assembly line!

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
I guarantee GM will sell as many of these ugly things as they make. Having a "luxury" SUV is a big status symbol like BMWs in the '80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks