What's new

The Best and Worst Trailers You've Ever Seen (1 Viewer)

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Best:
Army of Darkness
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Men in Black
The Score
A.I. Artificial Intelligence
Saving Private Ryan
E.T
Worst:
Can't think of any off hand.

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
I always liked the "making of" trailer for The Abyss. I saw it a couple of times in theaters and thought it was really well done. Another good "making of" trailer was the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
I always dislike trailers that show WAY too much. Right now I'm thinking of Ransom as a good example. The big surprise of the movie in a 3-minute clip. Doesn't leave a whole lot of incentive to go see the actual film.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Best: The Perfect Storm (that wave, holy shit!!), All the LOTR trailers, The Mask of Zorro, The Sixth Sense

Worst: Fight Club, We Were Soldier (They didn't do service to the movies) among others.

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Best:

AOTC

Spiderman - The one with the flag shot (Holy Shit is that a sweet shot or what)

Fight Club

Jay and Silent Bob (Internet Trailer)

South Park BLU (The teaser about how they got the best animators in the world and had like a $500 million dollar budget had me dying)

Blade

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Dinosaur (too bad the damn movie had the dinos talking)

Worst:

Waaaay too many to list

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
The worst trailer in history is Arlington Road! Incredibly, this trailer actually gave the ending of the movie away! If you have seen this movie, you know that the ending plays a critical part in the drama of the movie. To know the ending ahead of time would completely destroy the movie!

Jeffrey_Jones

Second Unit
Best - It may have been the trailer, or it may just have been my excitement but The Lord of The Rings full trailer gets my vote.

Worst - Any trailer (many good ones already mentioned) that gives away even a single surprise element of the film. I want a trailer to tease me...not to ruin the experience of watching the film.

- Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks