What's new

the beatles: let it be (blue album version) whisper (1 Viewer)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
hey, i was listening to the blue album version of Let It Be and at the 1:07 mark, when Paul says "though they may be parted" when he says "parted" there's a distinct whisper heard on the right channel. has anyone heard this before or know what it is?

my friend has the original album version (on CD i assume and apparently it's not there.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I have a few Beatle-zines from the 70s and there are some articles in there that dissect every aspect of just about every sound they made ....and just about everything else.
I think one had the top 500 reasons why Paul is dead
But this was a time before computers wasted your time....

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
Just another one of the wonderful little details that Phil Spector stomped all over when he massacred that LP. It has always been on the 45.:frowning:

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
If you have a turntable that is belt driven try playing them backwards
On Lennon's Mind Games, I think the song is Fat City; if you play a noise backwards it's Lennon clearly saying Fuck a Pig. Took me a while to find that one.
Lottsa Fun stuff!

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of MEAT CITY (a great rocker, IMO) I'm still pissed that the fadeout on the CD - be it the original version or the new "remastered" edition - eliminates some Lennon chatter at the end. He's supposed to be saying: "Who is that? Who is that? Who IS that?? Why are they doing those.... strange... things...?" -- It always fades out short (stopping with "who is that"), and it was always there in full on the vinyl LP.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member

Thank You Larry!....I knew it was SOMETHING city
I ruined a good turntable on it too!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks