What's new

The Beatles : Get Back Coming to Bluray ! (1 Viewer)

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
please this looked great ! a billion times better !! at times it looked as good as the best 35mm on TV
there is no reason for 4k
This is probably an expensive bare bones version ,with a box set coming next Christmas

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Is this being distributed by Disney? Is that why Amazon doesn’t have it available to preorder?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Regarding where to buy, I looked at The Beatles website, the Get Back blu ray can be pre-ordered there for $45.00. Best Buy has the pre-order for $35.00.

In reading about Get Back on Beatles.com, it says the rooftop concert is in the docuseries in its entirety. I bring this up because I do not have a Disney subscription so I have not seen Get Back yet. So that’s good news. I imagine though the rooftop concert is not in the same form as it is in the Let It Be film. I have the impression Peter Jackson re-edited it.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Regarding where to buy, I looked at The Beatles website, the Get Back blu ray can be pre-ordered there for $45.00. Best Buy has the pre-order for $35.00.

In reading about Get Back on Beatles.com, it says the rooftop concert is in the docuseries in its entirety. I bring this up because I do not have a Disney subscription so I have not seen Get Back yet. So that’s good news. I imagine though the rooftop concert is not in the same form as it is in the Let It Be film. I have the impression Peter Jackson re-edited it.
The Roof top concert in the original film was edited down to no repeat songs. The full rooftop concert has a few songs that were done multiple times. Jackson at times during the concert goes to a split screen showing the concert on one half and interviews with people on the street in the other half instead of constantly switching back and forth. It was well done.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Randy! That’s good to hear your positive reaction about Jackson’s version of the rooftop concert. I thought I read somewhere there was split screen being done. I look forward to seeing it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Target has an annoying message that says preorders are sold out. They say come back on release day.

Also, Amazon only has the DVD version, not the Blu-ray, and they don’t have the deluxe box.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Target has an annoying message that says preorders are sold out. They say come back on release day.

Also, Amazon only has the DVD version, not the Blu-ray, and they don’t have the deluxe box.
If I have to wait past Feb.8 No big deal. :) Been waiting for Years for this Beatles footage to be released. Amazon will have the Bluray eventually.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Anyone hear anything about a delay? It seems there is one. Release date is now pending.

Also, Peter Jackson says fans need to prod Disney if they want to see an extended version of the film:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I would love a version of the Let It Be album with visuals of them performing the takes that are on the album. Too many of the performances from the album were just allocated to snippets during the end credits of part 3.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Amazon cancelled my order for this today. Just a few days ago, they had asked me to approve a delay in shipping.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Disney has been trying to bait me into preordering this for months on their Movie Club website. Wish they'd get their damn ducks in a row, Donald included.

• Haha
Reactions: PMF

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Disney has been trying to bait me into preordering this for months on their Movie Club website. Wish they'd get their damn ducks in a row, Donald included.
Yep - and I've been considering cancelling my membership and rejoining so I can use that one to fulfill...

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Good news! Amazon cancelled my pre-order with them a few weeks back. I'm thinking I'll go with DMC as, even if I don't cycle my account, it'll still be cheaper that way.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Is Get Back being shown available for pre-order on the DMC website? I hope I’m misinterpreting this information incorrectly as it is giving me a bad feeling that it’s exclusivity to Disney+ will extend to the DMC. Hopefully it will go into wide release so anyone can buy it. I’m hoping Apple Corp would want to sell it widely too and on The Beatles website.

I guess it’s too early to tell.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is Get Back being shown available for pre-order on the DMC website? I hope I’m misinterpreting this information incorrectly as it is giving me a bad feeling that it’s exclusivity to Disney+ will extend to the DMC. Hopefully it will go into wide release so anyone can buy it. I’m hoping Apple Corp would want to sell it widely too and on The Beatles website.

I guess it’s too early to tell.

Get Back was always planned to be a wide release (and a wide recall). DMC has had a preorder up starting before the original release date, but the TBA date that's been there since the recall finally changed to 7/12 overnight. I've had my pending order with them for $15 for months now. There wouldn't have been the long D+exclusivity if they hadn't screwed up the first pressings -- it certainly wasn't planned that way except for the initial viewing period

It appears other retailers have now updated to the July release date now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks