What's new

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
please this looked great ! a billion times better !! at times it looked as good as the best 35mm on TV
there is no reason for 4k
This is probably an expensive bare bones version ,with a box set coming next Christmas

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Regarding where to buy, I looked at The Beatles website, the Get Back blu ray can be pre-ordered there for $45.00. Best Buy has the pre-order for $35.00.

In reading about Get Back on Beatles.com, it says the rooftop concert is in the docuseries in its entirety. I bring this up because I do not have a Disney subscription so I have not seen Get Back yet. So that’s good news. I imagine though the rooftop concert is not in the same form as it is in the Let It Be film. I have the impression Peter Jackson re-edited it.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Regarding where to buy, I looked at The Beatles website, the Get Back blu ray can be pre-ordered there for $45.00. Best Buy has the pre-order for $35.00.

In reading about Get Back on Beatles.com, it says the rooftop concert is in the docuseries in its entirety. I bring this up because I do not have a Disney subscription so I have not seen Get Back yet. So that’s good news. I imagine though the rooftop concert is not in the same form as it is in the Let It Be film. I have the impression Peter Jackson re-edited it.
The Roof top concert in the original film was edited down to no repeat songs. The full rooftop concert has a few songs that were done multiple times. Jackson at times during the concert goes to a split screen showing the concert on one half and interviews with people on the street in the other half instead of constantly switching back and forth. It was well done.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Randy! That’s good to hear your positive reaction about Jackson’s version of the rooftop concert. I thought I read somewhere there was split screen being done. I look forward to seeing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    francischen
    Recent bookmarks