What's new

Pre-Order The Beatles: Get Back (Blu-ray) (DVD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Are you seeing a standalone deal?

I am a VIP and I get 60% off any title once I buy another at regular price. The discount only applies to the cheaper of the two discs in the cart, so the best I could do is add a 2nd title that lists at $36.95, in essence I would get 30% off in total.

The website always shows the prices as though you were doing the discount, which I always thought was bullshit.

But if there is a way to get Get Back at the full discount without buying a 2nd title, I am all eyes. All academic at this point until Apple sorts out the delay.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If you are a Disney Movie Club member, and order any movie of $19.99 or more for full price, GET BACK could be your second selection for half-price ($18.99).

You do have to order an item for equal/greater than 36.95 to get the 50 or 60% discount.

DMC items have been delayed as well. Even some items marked as shipped were pulled back and the item removed until the discs can be fixed.
Apparently there are some audio tracks issues -- brief reading says one song John is singing is apparently the incorrect song and another short segment is either has missing dialog or just plain missing

Several BBY employees say they had their shipments in store before the pullback so it's possible they could be put on shelves Tuesday if you can live with a couple small errors until replacements are available. I'm not sure the BBY computer will allow the item to be purchased IF the item has been officially recalled. When preorder items are put up before street date the computer won't allow the item to ring up and BBY employees have been extremely hardlined on selling things in that situation

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I can’t help to think this delay arose after the Criterion Hard Days Night errors were discovered and someone at Disney or Apple Corp decided to take another look at the disc to look for any mistakes that got through.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
There was a poster at Steve Hoffman Forums that actually was able to buy his set today at his local Best Buy. I assume not all stores got the word that the discs were supposed to be recalled before being delivered to customers. He is now the proud owner of what is said to be a copy of Get Back that has a stereo track rather than true Atmos.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
With all of the difficulty in trying to pre-order I found the album in stock at local Best Buy this morning and purchased a copy for pick-up. I had also ordered from Deep Discount ( after not finding on Amazon and SOLD OUT on other usual websites) and had that pre-order cancelled and re-funded. Picked up the Beatles - Get Back this morning at Best Buy. I figured that with all the difficulty of finding that I would go ahead and get the copy with faulty audio and exchange the discs when replacments are available. Soon after I placed the order at Best Buy early this morning, I found it not available again. Brian L, are you saying that the glitch is STEREO without the Atmos element? I had planned to use the PCM Stereo anyway. I plan to watch the set later today.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
With all of the difficulty in trying to pre-order I found the album in stock at local Best Buy this morning and purchased a copy for pick-up. I had also ordered from Deep Discount ( after not finding on Amazon and SOLD OUT on other usual websites) and had that pre-order cancelled and re-funded. Picked up the Beatles - Get Back this morning at Best Buy. I figured that with all the difficulty of finding that I would go ahead and get the copy with faulty audio and exchange the discs when replacments are available. Soon after I placed the order at Best Buy early this morning, I found it not available again. Brian L, are you saying that the glitch is STEREO without the Atmos element? I had planned to use the PCM Stereo anyway. I plan to watch the set later today.
I thought I has read that the multichannel track was not included...something like that. There were all sorts of reports from various sources....not sure I could say where I read that. If would not be shocked if the real issue was something different.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
This is the thread at SHF if you anyone wants to see what they are reporting.

The end of the thread has a report from a user claiming that he is getting 5.1.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
The multi-channel is producing sound in the surround channels. Sound is as expected for the surrounds. Not sure about Atmos? PCM Stereo Track sounds great. Packaging is nice and picture quality is fine. Does anyone know what the defect is? Based upon sampling, everything is as expected.

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
What I'm reading is that the PCM Stereo track is a downmix of the Atmos track (sound familiar to those who also purchased the Mad Max Anthology?).

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I got an email from Amazon last week saying the new delivery date is March 8, but if that is true, I'm hoping the issues on the discs I get have been resolved, otherwise they may be getting back the DVDs.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Let's just say I'm skeptical of that autobot email.

No site that I can find including Disney sites has a legit re-release date for the DVD or BD. Very nice if it's true but a 2 week corrected repressing (whatever the actual problem was) would have been quick even in preCovid times.

I've heard various speculation of late March/early April, June and September. The latter date of Sept 9 was in the Target System when some checked, but that's a Friday and appears it may have been a date for a different Beatles item that attached itself to the Bluray. The June speculation actually made the most sense, but there was no corroboration given other than "I heard........"

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
There was a report in the UK that the new release date is May 27. No idea if it’s accurate and/or whether it applies to the US and Canada.

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I just got a text from my bank noting a charge from Amazon for the DVD, so
I logged in to A and saw the original arrival date of March 8 had been moved back to March 11, though it wasn't shipped as of yet.

I'm torn between canceling the order before they ship it, and just reorder when they fix any potential errors, or, accept it and wait to see what, or if any errors with the disc were fixed, and then decide to send it back to Amazon to exchange it for the updated one.
Do they make good on that type of thing, and, pay for S&H?

I doubt they will add any other material in the new and improved discs, but if they do...?

I originally pre-ordered for $20.99-22.99, but I think it was the former, not the latter price, but cancelled it a day or two latter.
I then ordered it through the same link (which again brought me to Amazon) at the same lower price, but Amazon had it in my cart for $27.99.

I alerted them by phone, and they said they would credit me the difference on my next purchase.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I gather there is still no news as to when the Get Back blu ray release will get out?

Perhaps Paulie still doesn‘t want Let It Be released because of his row with George. ;)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
THE Beatles Store still had April 12 as shipping date on some preorders up until yesterday when they sent messages informing of a delay. Now they are saying sometime around July 12 which actually makes sense given the turnaround time to 'fix' the issue (which ever issue it is) and repress and repackage the items. Amazon.jp has a date listed next week, but I don;t think anyone expects that to actually happen.

Seems it would have been easier just to sell the set and announce a replacement like so many other sets, but people complained about that too ( producers can't win it seems).

I have mine ordered through DMC for $15 so in no major hurry at that price point.

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
THE Beatles Store still had April 12 as shipping date on some preorders up until yesterday when they sent messages informing of a delay. Now they are saying sometime around July 12 which actually makes sense given the turnaround time to 'fix' the issue (which ever issue it is) and repress and repackage the items. Amazon.jp has a date listed next week, but I don;t think anyone expects that to actually happen.

Seems it would have been easier just to sell the set and announce a replacement like so many other sets, but people complained about that too ( producers can't win it seems).

I have mine ordered through DMC for $15 so in no major hurry at that price point.
I'm glad I'm not the only one scratching my head here!! I ordered mine in early Feb through the Disney movie club, and it's still "on hold". Contacted them directly is a joke, you get someone from Packistan that you can bearly understand and after being put on hold a number times, all they can tell you is...it's still on hold and maybe April 12th!!!
What is going on, I heard there were some issues with the discs...but what could delay the release after all of the hollaballoo on Disney+ celebrating the in house showing and declairing that the dvd/bd release is now April 12th!!! This is the second start /stop for this wanted release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks