The Beatles Anthology Boxset--IS IT OOP?!?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Rich Malloy, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

As part of a huge order at DDD, I got the Beatles Anthology Boxset as a Christmas gift for my daughter. She has since discovered that the first disc won't play at all after Chapter 9 of the first episode (there were no scratches or smudges, but we cleaned it and tried it in three different players, all with the same result). So, I wrote to DDD returns so that I could exchange it. The response:

I don't know who to believe! [​IMG]

2. Kipp Teague

Kipp Teague Stunt Coordinator

3. Benjamin Ricci

Deep Discount periodically goes out of stock on a title and takes FOREVER to re-order more copies. Then they tell you it's been discontinued when in reality they're just out of stock. I love DDD's prices (not to mention free shipping) but sometimes they can be a little frustrating. Beatles Anthology is not OOP and is readily available at most B/M stores and online.

4. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

I also ordered the Beatles box as a part of the big sale at DDD, but it was backordered, and I still haven't received it. It was supposed to be Christmas present, but maybe it'll be a Valentine's gift? Another disc hasn't arrived yet from the order, "Cranberries Beneath the Skin". How long has it been, 7 weeks?

One of the box sets I did receive was crushed; the shipping box was fine, so the packer just put it in that way. I returned it, and it's been 3 weeks, and I haven't seen a replacement.

Just today, I received the $8 Jaws, but got the Dolby Digital instead of the DTS I ordered, so I now have to send that one back too.

Before this past month, I've been DDD's biggest fan, but now I may go back to brick and morter for a while.