What's new

The BEATLES 40 years later (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Extraordinary. The Beatles of course had been popular in the UK since 1963, but as far as I'm aware, there was no serious UK media attention paid to this last year.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
You are so right, John.

And for those of us old enough, the evening of February 9, 1964, is one of those "where-were-you-when" moments. And I was glued in front of the Admiral console TV, in the process of having my (then) young life changed forever.

We'll never see anything like this again in our lifetimes.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Beatles-schmeatles!

They are sooooooo 1960s. :rolleyes:Time to move on people!

I'll bet they never had wardrobe malfunctions like our modern & sophisticated 21st century musicians artists people-that-make-varying-sounds do now.
Never mind. :frowning:

LJ

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
If I'm well informed, one of the girls in the audience at the Ed Sullivan Show, holding up a sign saying "I love you PAUL" was Meryl Streep.
Those were the days, my friends.

Cees

francisco-a

Agent
Does it counts in spanish?

About the 40th anniversary of The Beatles in the US.

"el primer galardón por Disco de Oro que obtuvo la banda en su primer viaje a Estados Unidos. El trofeo recibido en 1964 fue el reflejo del primer millón de discos vendidos por "Meet the Beatles".

It means that the Golden disc of Meet the Beatles is owned by a chilean. He bought it on auction in London. He also bought a Harrison guitar and some drawings of John Lennon.

He spent like $50.000 dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks