What's new

The Battlestar Galactica appreciation thread (Spoilers!) (1 Viewer)

Rob_Walton

Second Unit
Right you are Spero , it just felt wrong for some reason to put that sort of info out in plain sight until the show had aired in the forum owner's country . Just my own strange feel on the situation I guess ! :)

Does anyone have an idea why the cylons are apparently so susceptible to falling in love with their human enemies ? Or are they just pretending to be in love as part of some larger game ?

Will Starbuck find the bloke stranded on Caprica ? What do the other 8 cylon models look like ? Are any of the main characters cylons ? So many questions that are intriguing me , which is pretty rare in modern SciFi . It's a good series !

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Rob_Walton! You missed the first ten minutes?!? Aw frak! :D

That was one of the best ten minute segments the show has ever produced. Great timing, great mood, great music, very few (but important) words spoken, all delivered at just the right speed.

The rest of the show was definitely a set-up for next week's finale. And it did it beautifully without boring us or making us want to change channels. That's a far cry from the way most sci-fi two-parters are made.

Can't wait 'till next week!

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Can't wait for the finale! Another great episode. To me it seems the Cylons are always a step ahead, as if they are just toying with the humans. Question - if the human survivors want to find Earth - and they find the location during their time on Kobol - should they even try to go to Earth since they know that the Cylons have spies in the fleet? It would seem to me that finding Earth is useless if the Cylons discover it's location from their spies in the fleet.

Spero D

Second Unit
Just saw the season finale and all I can say is holy shit. So much happened. And as for the ending, I would never had seen that coming.

Rob_Walton- I am with you on this one on using spoiler tags.

Is he dead?

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
What an amazing episode!
So, it looks like Boomer's been "activated," most likely when the other Boomers removed her helmet and touched her directly. Either that or the revelation that she's certainly a Cylon has led her to become unhinged: She knows she's a Cylon, and therefore she'll begin to act like one.
Last week, when she shot herself, I figured that somehow Helo and Caprica-Boomer would be getting back to Galactica somehow and that Caprica-Boomer would replace Galactica-Boomer (in terms of keeping the character around, not in terms of having her be a crew-member, obviously). Looks likely now.
As for the vision that Baltar was given, most likely it's Boomer and Helo's baby.

Ushabye

Projectionist
Real Name
Paul
Holy Sh**t! What an finalie! Without a doubt this is the best show on tv since the Sopranos.Politically the fleet is in disary. President under arrest. Addama shot!!! I jumped out of my seat when Sharon pulled her pistol out and emptied two into him, NOBODY saw that coming. What will happen to her now? I guess it depends on weather she's still conflicted or a total agent now. I guess she's screwed either way. If she was to overcome her Cylon side they'll still never trust her. Especially when Sharon v.2 arrives from Caprica. Perhaps Sharon v.1 will get a chance to prove her humanity by sacrificing herself in some way to protect the fleet in Season 2. And how are Helo, Starbuck and Sharon v.2 all gonna fit in that captured cylon ship?

Man, so long to wait for Season 2!! I hope they make more than 13 episodes next time.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Wow! Now THAT'S a season finale!

I was impressed on how they could jump from one location to another without the continuity breaking apart at the seams! The writing and production staff did a fantastic job here!

In a way, I was expecting something to happen, but it was only a thought in the back of my head. But by the time I started to realize what could happen, BOOM!!!

Story-wise, the writers definitely gave us a lot of things to think about. The opening credit scroll always ended with "And they have a plan." Now we have a slight idea of what they may be trying to accomplish. And it's beyond what anyone would have thought when the season started!

Surprisingly, despite all these plot twists, nothing presented to us appeared contrived. No miracle solutions, no "Star Trek" quick-fixes, almost everything in the series has been properly thought out in the context of the storyline. They gave us a lot more drama than we could have hoped for without overloading or starving us of the sci-fi element.

Sci-fi audiences are finally being treated with a bit of respect. For once in a long time, we're not being treated like a bunch of freakin' thirtysomething morons who still live with their mothers. :D

Let's hope the series gets renewed. The writers definitely have something up their sleeves!

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
Condering the Adama thing, they implied previously that he's a Cylon - so what if Boomer somehow got to know that he really is when she was on the Cylon ship with her copies? Maybe that's the reason she shot Adama? I personally don't believe she was "activated" - she blew up the Cylon ship, would she have done that if she had been activated?

Rob_Walton

Second Unit

Nicodemus , I had a similar thought , until someone reminded me of something . Earlier in the series No6 told Baltar that the cylon's don't die they just transmit their consciousness to the nearest usable body . Perhaps the cylons who were blown up on the base star found their way to the fleeing Boomer ?

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
I think it's more of a one-mind-per-body thing.

Leoben said in the mini-series that if he dies his consciousness is transferred to a 'brand-new body'.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Hey folks, can you help me out, I'm lost. I watched the mini-series and the first 3 eps, (2 first week, 1 last week).

I don't know where you're all getting this stuf about the series finale, (as in the spoilers and out of them), like Adama a Cylon?, etc.

Did I just miss a few yarens?

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

We're reading it from the other BSG sites that have the reviews and synopsis of the other episodes.

Or it's the Europe guys watching it ahead of us ...

Regards

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Skyone sattelite in Europe just broadcast the season finale this past Monday. It was a pretty big cliffhanger so i sure hope there is a season 2!

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
All I can say after watching the whole series is, "frackin' amazing stuff"! It's gratifying to know it's been renewed for another season, since there are so many threads to tie up: Adama, Starbuck, Helo, Boomer...

Having watched the whole thing and therefore being able to read both threads "with impunity" re: spoilers, it strikes me that this thread should've been titled "BSG European broadcast" or something similar...

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
One word after just watching all 13 episodes: AWESOME!

I can't wait to see Season Two this summer. Can't wait for Season One to be released on DVD so I can buy it. Best SCI-FI TV series I've seen since ST:TNG.

For season two, I suspect Starbuck will be bringing back Helo and Boomer v2 from Caprica in the Cyclon Raider. Boomer v2 will probably spill out the plans of Boomer v1 to assassinate Commander Adama and they'll somehow all fit in the Cylon Raider to race back to spoil Boomer v1's plans. It'll be too late of course as was seen in episode 13. When they get back, Boomer v1 will be executed and they will all gradually accept Boomer v2 as part of the human race.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks