What's new

The Battlestar Galactica appreciation thread (Spoilers!) (1 Viewer)

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Yes Sarah his name is James Callis. He plays one of Bridget's friends who is always giving her dating advice. I like his Baltar character although it is quite different than the original series Baltar. On another note this weeks episode was another good one. For those who saw it do you believe for a second thatAdama is a Cylon as the Cylon captive told the President before she had him flushed out of the airlock? I really doubt it although it was a good ploy by the Cylon.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
Is it really neccesary to use spoiler tags in a thread that is already marked 'Spoilers!'?

It looks as if the Cylons are actually using Galactica and the fleet to find Earth. Seems logical - they know about the myths about Kobol and Earth and to finish their crusade they'll have to kill all humans.

I don't think Adama is a Cylon - but I think that with this show anything is possible.

What if the Cylons knew that Galactica would be the only ship not affected by their new weapons? What if Adama has been replaced by a Cylon who believes he is Adama and who has been programmed to go look for Earth?

And how was the President able to dream those dreams? Were they put into her mind the same way Number Six is put into Balthar's mind or is SHE a Cylon without knowing it? Not only was she the only cabinet member who was not in the capital during the attack, she was also very close to the only Battlestar that would survive the attack - just a coincident?

I wonder what will happen now that the Cylon detector is working? What could keep Balthar from going to Adama and telling him about Boomer? And has he thought about checking himself?

And since Cylons are "built" exactly like humans - could Boomer2 become pregnant?

I've put this in spoiler tags - but I think it's silly.

This is a spoiler thread so technically everything in here is a spoiler.

SarahG

Second Unit

Is his character better now in the new series or did you prefer his character in the old series?

I've tried to stay out of those spoilers, but I've pretty much read a lot of them now. Still doesn't make a lot of sense though, because I don't know the context in which things are happening. Will find out soon though.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Sarah,
I like this new Baltar better. Probably because looking back at the old series it seems kind of cheesy now. Back in the day i loved it but time has not been too kind to it IMO.

Chris,
I know spoiler tags aren't neccesary in this thread but i was just trying to give some of our tempted friends who can't watch right now a little help in avoiding them. But i guess they should expect spoilers since is is part of the thread title. :)

SarahG

Second Unit
Dalton, I'm sure back then it must have been a little bit easier to appreciate. But there are a few shows I can think of that people probably thought were awesome then that we look back on now and say, "what"?

Anyway, glad to hear this is a little different, I guess a little more up with the times.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Liked the fact the president managed to do in five minutes what Starbuck couldn't do in eight hours. And when she's done with the thing, bye bye! Commander Adama must be proud of her! :)

The only item that I would have liked to see is the president herself pull the airlock lever! But I guess the writers had their reasons.

SarahG

Second Unit

Character sounds intriguing. Kinda sounds like a great leader trying to escape his situation that he just happens to be caught up in.

Spero D

Second Unit
Just saw that latest episode and I am probably in the minority but this show is starting to annoy me, soap opera style. Baltar with the Cylon detector and the results it yields, and Boomer on Caprica. Both with no pay off in sight :frowning:

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
One person's soap opera is another person's character-driven show.

The soap opera complaint was also always used against DS9 - so the show is in very good company.

And I'm sure we'll get a lot of pay-off in the two-part season finale.

Too bad they're taking a break until January - I was hoping to see the finale before the first episode airs in the US.

SarahG

Second Unit
So there are three left? Can't believe it's almost done. I just realized that some of the old eps have the same name as some of the new ones. Is that right or am I missing something?

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
Four episodes 'The Hand of God', 'Colonial Day' and the two-part finale 'Kobol's Last Gleaming'.

Only the next episode 'The Hand of God' has the same title as an old episode (and apparently some plot elements from that episode).

There are two good Galactica websites:

http://www.galactica.tv/

and

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/moorglade/ragnar.html

The second one has some very high quality images from the entire first season - including the episodes that have not been shown in the UK yet.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Does anyone know if the show is going to be renewed for a second season? I am really getting in to this remake. I wasn't too keen on it at first but it has definetly grown on me. If it does get renewed i hope we get a full run of 22 to 25 episodes instead of 13. I liked the most recent episode "Tighe Me Up, Tighe Me Down". This Colonel Tighe gets alot more character development than the original ever did.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
The sets are still standing and SciFi has already ordered six scripts for the second season.

Unless the first couple of episodes completely bomb on SciFi they'll start shooting season two in February.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Thanks Chris. I'm really hoping it takes off and we get a full season. If Stargate SG1 can get nine seasons(not an SG1 fan at all!) then BSG should be in pretty good shape IMO.

WayneJF

Auditioning
I love this show and I cant wait for season 2 but I think 13 quality episodes works better than 22/25 episodes of variable quality.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
And with only 13 episodes a year they stand a better chance of keeping Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell.

Olmos directed 'Secrets and Lies' - another good way to bind him to the show.

SarahG

Second Unit
Well hopefully if they've already gotten some of the scripts for the second season, that's a good sign.

Chris - thanks for the links. I'll check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks