What's new

The Battlestar Galactica appreciation thread (Spoilers!) (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I saw the fourth episode this morning. Each one gets better. Great starbuck story

capt

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
Great, great episode.

The writers of this episode also were on the writing staff of DS9 and it really shows.

Any other show (except DS9) would have ended the Starbuck/Adama scene with a hug and "I forgive you." - it takes real guts to go from "I love you like a daughter." to "Walk out of my office while you still can." in one scene.

It's kind of depressing that in this future radiation therapy and chemotherapy are still the only ways to treat cancer.

One interesting tidbit from last week - they mentioned that Zeus and Apollo are two of the 'Lords of Kobol'.

So it seems that their gods are actually the gods of Greek mythology.

I don't remember if it was ever actually stated on the old show, but there anything connected to the 'Lords of Kobol' always looked a bit Egyptian to me.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Still can't believe the US has to wait until January to get BG while the UK is already on episode 4.

One good thing, the new Universal HD channel (formerly BravoHD+) will be showing Gallatica in High Def.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i enjoyed the latest episode as well. (ep #4) i just wish it did not have the cliff hanger ending it had. i had not even realized that i had watched an entire show and then a huge 'TO BE CONTINUED' splashes across the screen.

one thing that i do not like about the show is that during the opening credits they show damn near the whole episode for each show. why do they do that?

i caught on to this last episode and i FF'ed through the credits for this latest episode. but i really like the score for the credits. oh well, perhaps i will watch the credits after the show.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
It's not that big a thing really - the UK always gets the second part of any Stargate season earlier than the US (they start the season later but don't have that 4 month break in the middle of the season) and they used to get Babylon 5 episodes earlier.

Spero D

Second Unit
quote:one thing that i do not like about the show is that during the opening credits they show damn near the whole episode for each show. why do they do that?

I agree.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
This was done on most shows in the 80s.

Most shows had a small preview showing scenes from the episode before the opening titles.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
What does everyone make of the story going on between the Boomer Cylon and Helo down on Caprica? It seems very bizarre that the Cylons are keeping Helo alive. My opinion is that the Boomer Cylon thinks she's human (like the one on Galactica) and that the other Cylons are testing her, to see how she reacts, but to what end, I can't imagine. Anyway, really excellent show; it should be picked up for at least a full season. Anyone know what response has been like in the UK? Ratings? Critical reviews?

SarahG

Second Unit
I'm so ready for January. I've been trying to stay as far away from spoilers as I can, but I've definitely cheated and read a few here and there. What's up with the character changes in this version of the series? Is it working? December and January are going to be big months for with sci fi because I'm also looking forward to the Earthsea miniseries.

Ian Wilson

Agent
As usual another great episode on Monday. Liked what they did with the Cylon ship. Whoever is writing this stuff deserves a medal. 5 episodes and they haven't dropped the ball on one of them yet. Long may it continue.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
it was another great episode. as i watched this i was thinking that this is the best new sci-fi show to come along in a long while.

anyone that complained about the gender change for starbuck needs a nice hard slap across the puss. whoever the actress is, she is doing a great job.

this series, pulls no punches, has no fluff and the characters complement each other very well. what's funny is that there really has not been any huge emphasis on the cylons outside of the first episode. imagine when they start playing a larger part.

after 5 episodes i am now sure that all of the complainers in that 'other thread' will be pleasantly surprised come january.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
Finally managed to watch the episode - and it was great, as always.

I was really suprised what the inside of that Cylon ship looked like - I wonder if that means that ALL Cylons are part organic.

This gives a completely different meaning to their "Are you alive?" questions. If they are technically "living" beings (which would mean they were slaves of the humans) they might have been justified in rebelling.

I also like the irrationality of Adama and Apollo - they really were risking the entire fleet to continue the search for Starbuck.

And was Number 6 getting jealous of Starbuck? She tried to make Balthar make the President stop the search although it would have been good for the Cylons if the fleet stayed in one place for a long time.

And if Number 6's costumes keep getting smaller she'll be in a bikini by the end of the season.

Not that I'm complaining. :D

Ian Wilson

Agent
I agree with you Chris - nice twist with the Cylon ship. I don't think all Cylon are partly organic. Pretty sure the soldiers are not. Get the feeling they're at the bottom of the evolutionary tree i.e. cannon fodder and the Cylon ships are one step above that. Maybe they see the use of organic material vs. Silcon as merely being a more effective method of achieving certain goals i.e. an organic pilot can fly a ship better than a computer.

But the writing has been so good so far that I would have watchted the show even if there were no Cylons...

Watching Enterprise just reminds me of how lucky we are to have BG :D

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Episode 6 was another great episode. The acting in this show is terrific. They really have picked the best cast possible. Love the way every single plot point goes from episode to episode. Can not wait till next week

capt

SarahG

Second Unit
Glad to hear about the cast. Hadn't heard a whole lot about the full cast, but hadn't heard any complaints either. Did Hatch just make that one appearance a few weeks back?

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
It was only one episode - but they'll have to have him back because they're setting him up as a presidential candidate for the next election, which will be in about six months.

So it could turn into a big part.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Hatch was in episode 3 and will be in episode 11 of the first season as well. He was great in the first episode he appeared in. I hope they flesh out his charector over the course of the series as the charector is very well writtern and acted

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks