What's new

The Batman - Part II (2026) (1 Viewer)

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
No Joker in the sequel, Please.
I want villains that haven't haven't been seen in a live-action movie.
I realize all these guys are C-Listers but I love them. Doctor Death, Crime Doctor, Mad Monk & Dala, Signalman, The Terrible Trio, Dr. Double X, Cat-Man, and Prof. Milo.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Labelling this as "Part II" rather than a subtitle might get confusing because there are offshoots such as The Penguin HBO Max series which are supposed to come in between the two films. So I would go with a subtitle for the sake of being more specific.

But, whatever. Matt Reeves did a great job with the first film, so I'm there for this whether I like the title or not. I'm very much looking forward to seeing this continue.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to see this is on the schedule, and only 2 1/2 years away at that.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Wow, that’s four and a half years between films. That’s a long time to keep your audience invested.

It probably also delays Warner’s other Batman project.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
It now feels pretty far away. I know time flies, but it will feel like there’s little anticipation (for me at least!) for at least another 2 years or so.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
A delay like this is not particularly exciting news. But we all know what has been happening in the industry in recent months. Big picture here, I'd rather wait and have the movie be fantastic than get a sequel that isn't as good as the first film because they rushed to make a specific date.

Plus, there is also The Penguin miniseries coming on HBO Max. That show was delayed by the dual strikes. But it takes place a week after The Batman ends. So I think we can safely assume we'll see it at some point between movies.

Christopher Nolan took four years between The Dark Knight and Rises without a TV show in the middle and people still came back for that film. I don't see any reason to believe the audience won't show up for this one too.

Last edited:

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
For me, it's about expectations. If they had never announced Part 2... but announced today that a sequel has been greenlit and would release Oct 2026... that's not too bad.

But given I was expecting it to open next year (despite the strikes), and now, it's pushed back a full year later, that's a little deflating. If the delay was only a couple of months... not too bad... But Oct 2026 feels far away!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Look at what has been happening with Superman both before and after the strikes. We know that James Gunn had a draft written before the strike and that he has revised it since the strike ended. We know they were still working on pre-production things during the strike. We've been hearing a lot about casting. He has now shared set photos. That project is moving very quickly.

I'm sure Matt Reeves is working diligently and I don't want to imply that he is not. But compare Superman to Batman, which was originally going to be slightly later in the same year. We haven't heard anything about casting for the new film. They don't have to build out the entire ensemble because we can assume the original cast will come back. But I would be surprised if there weren't some new characters in the mix. If they were ramping up very quickly here, we'd probably have things like new casting announcements in some of the trades.

We also don't know how much the original schedule was shifted around by the strikes or by commitments to other projects. Robert Pattinson is also starring in Bong Joon Ho's new movie, Mickey 17, which was just pushed back to 2025. Does he need to do additional filming for that movie? I don't know, but maybe. Does The Penguin production delay make Colin Farrell or anyone else busy with that right now instead of the movie? Again, I don't know, but maybe.

It is also worth noting that the AMPTP is currently in negotiations with IATSE, and there could be another strike this summer if they can't get a fair deal.

All of this to say, I wasn't necessarily expecting a delay for Batman. But it doesn't really shock me.

The delay sucks right now, but it won't matter once the movie arrives and is great. I trust Matt Reeves and his cast and crew to make it worth the wait.

Last edited:

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I thought the first film was just OK, so no harm in taking their time to ante up for the sequel. Hoping for some more colorful villains this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks