What's new

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
The runtime doesn’t deter me at all, but the previews so far HAVE deterred me as they still do nothing for me. I can’t make heads or tails of what the hell kind of movie this is supposed to be based on them. Though I may or may not make it to the theater regardless, as I’m married with two kids and have a time-demanding job, and getting out is very difficult to plan as well as being very expensive if child-care is included. I still haven’t seen No Way Home.

Matt Reeves is still the only reason I’m even CONSIDERING to give this a shot. His Ape movies blew me away. I haven’t seen Let Me In and didn’t even know he made that. I completely forgot that he did Cloverfield until it was just mentioned a few posts back in this thread and I really dug that one way back whenever that came out in theaters.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yup, I feel exactly the same. But I hate what DC and Warner have done with Batman lately. I never warmed to the Ben Affleck version, and I grew to really dislike Gotham, the Fox TV show. Reports of this movie describe it as a horror movie, and I think that's exactly the wrong way to go. It doesn't have to be the Adam West Batman (although I'd love that) but the character - and the DC film universe - need some levity. I'd like to see a film where Batman is a detective again, a real criminal scientist, and where his adversaries aren't all psychopathic sadists. How many flickering lights do we think will be in this movie? I say turns the reigns over to Bruce Timm, who knows how to craft a Batman tale.
Yes, I think they take "Dark Knight" is bit too dark sometimes. I also wish the movies were more in the vein of Batman: The Animated Series. I don't like Batman in all black. He is supposed to be in black and gray. And I don't like him wearing body armor. The comic book version (at least in all the years I read it) and the animated series were able to do fine without body armor. Yes, criminals have guns, but they had them when Batman was introduced in the 1930's. Batman was always able to avoid getting shot in the comics and can do so now. No, it is not realistic, but Batman isn't strictly realistic anyway.

I imagine they could use rolling the dark and edgy back a some bit to roughly where the Burton/Keaton Batman of the late 80's and early 90's was... but seems like DC/Warner might be determined to follow Zack Snyder deeper into the dark and edgy for pretty much their entire movie franchise instead...

Despite the notoriety of the theatrical Justice League debacle, plenty of us at least enjoyed the bit of levity that Whedon brought...

_Man_

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Michael Giacchino is the latest composer to write music for another cinematic iteration of Batman. Here is his main theme.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I had to look up Matt Reeves to know what he's worked on. I like the two Apes films but nothing else. His Let Me In remake of Let the Right One In is "just OK" for me - I'd much rather watch the original. I absolutely did not like Cloverfield and refuse to watch it again (in all fairness I greatly dislike most of the "found footage" type films and found Cloverfield rather laughable and poorly done). So... roughly a 50/50 track record for me. I'll wait for reviews and home media release (what I normally do anyway).

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Little Ceasars Batman Promo

crop-1.jpeg

https://collider.com/the-batman-bat-pizza-image-little-caesars/

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... I'm sure it's just trivia, but interesting to see Peter Sarsgaard as the DA for this since his wife played Rachel, an assistant DA (and of course, major character), in the Dark Knight...

_Man_

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
If we lived in normal times, I’d see this right away, even though the trailers haven’t quite sucked me in - I like the character, I like the cast, I like the director and in the end, that the trailers haven’t given me a clear idea of the film may result in a more enjoyable first viewing. At this point it feels silly for me to try to guess what I will and won’t be able to do in two months, but I’m still aiming to see it at my first opportunity, whether that’s in theaters or as soon as it hits a home viewing platform.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks