What's new

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
All so dark that it could be any random person wearing any sort of Batman costume.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Would it be sacrilege to say I think Affleck was second best after Keaton?
For such a smart guy, no one makes as many dumb career-decisions as Affleck. It's always one step forward, two steps back.

By the time he was cast as Batman, he had won the Oscar for Argo, and was working on Gone Girl. He didn't need Batman. That's why he's so frustrating as a star. Everyone is now rooting for his success, in spite of his consistently-flawed decisions.

This was his rationale at the time: "I think Chris Terrio wrote a terrific script. Zack's a great visual director." Yeah, this is not how films work. No blockbuster script has ever been set in stone prior to shooting. A director has to intelligently interpret it throughout all stages of production: focusing on what's thematically resonant, being attuned to any plot-issues, and culling anything that doesn't directly serve the story and the characters.

Pattinson, on the other hand, is in much better hands with Reeves. As he showed with the Apes films, Matt Reeves can put his stamp on an IP in a new and dynamic manner while delivering on genre expectations. Reeves also understands character. That skill will not only serve this film, but the whole series.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I like the stitching on the mask, reminds me of the Adam West Batman, and goddammit, we need more Adam West in our Batman!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Camera test with Zoe Kravitz's Catwoman:

ERWuCoMXUAEDyIY

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I like the stitching on the mask, reminds me of the Adam West Batman, and goddammit, we need more Adam West in our Batman!

Really? I hate the mask. I'm not impressed with the suit. I'm still open minded. I love Batman and will always give a new version a chance. Hey, everyone thought Keaton was miscast but he pulled it off. Not the most ideal Batman/Bruce Wayne but my favorite so far.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Every Batman movie for the last 15 years at least has needed a splash of color. Not the garish Joel Schumacher-era color, but a little bit.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
No one has ever spoken those words before in the history of the world.

Technically, do we even know they were spoken when they were posted? This is after all a board with written text and not a phone tree. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks