What's new

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Matt Reeves announced on Twitter that Peter Sarsgaard is joining the cast in an undisclosed role.

Although, there are two faces in the image he chose to accompanied his tweet.

I don't know if we're meant to read into that or not, but a while back it was rumored that Jeremy Strong passed on playing Harvey Dent. It seems at least possible that Sarsgaard could be taking that role.

Incidentally, he is married to Maggie Gyllenhaal, who of course played Rachel in The Dark Knight and was a love interest for Harvey Dent in that film.

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Warner Bros. has released an official full cast list:

Robert Pattinson (upcoming Tenet, The Lighthouse, Good Time) as Batman/Bruce Wayne; Zoë Kravitz (Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Mad Max: Fury Road) as Selina Kyle; Paul Dano (Love & Mercy, 12 Years a Slave) as Edward Nashton; Jeffrey Wright (the Hunger Games films) as the GCPD’s James Gordon; John Turturro (the Transformers films) as Carmine Falcone; Peter Sarsgaard (The Magnificent Seven, Black Mass) as Gotham D.A. Gil Colson; Jayme Lawson (Farewell Amor) as mayoral candidate Bella Reál; with Andy Serkis (the Planet of the Apes films, Black Panther) as Alfred; and Colin Farrell (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Dumbo) as Oswald Cobblepot.

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-batman-cast-list-reveals-identity-of-new-characters

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
So Sarsgaard is not playing Harvey Dent as had been rumored.

Is Gil Colson from the comics? I don't know that character, but don't read comics.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well here's the thing. They may be in the movie, but do we know for sure (100% certain) they are going to be their villain alter-ego's? It's possible Selena will be Selena and her role will be a set up for a future movie/story as Catwoman.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As long as it's not yet another origin story with baby Bruce and his parents' murder kicking things off, I'll give them a little slack on the number of possible villains (which as Jason says, may not all be "villains" yet in this film).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Penguin is Oswald Cobblepot.

Falcone is a mafia boss as known as The Roman. He was in Batman Begins.
Thank you, I thought that character was the Penguin, but wasn't sure. I didn't read the Batman comics and only watched the Batman series when it came out back in the 1960s, when I was a kid. Needless to say, I wasn't a big fan then though, I did enjoy the Green Hornet and that's because of Kato.:)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Matt Reeves has tweeted the first pics of Pattinson in the Batsuit:

color-corrected-batman.jpg

batman-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks