What's new

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I am a massive fan of the Great Detective. Can't get enough of the Bat. Personally, I have yet to see anyone cast properly for the role. The Nolan films were great, but Bale is still not how I see Batman. Way too small. Oddly, I thought the fella that donned the cowl in the fan-made short of "Batman v Darth" Vader looked excellent. I would really prefer that they cast an unknown in the role. Let Batman be the star, not the actor.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I guess he didn't consult with George Clooney before accepting the role. ;)

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
I don't think Pattinson has much screen presence (unlike Bale). I had forgotten he was in Lost City of Z so obviously left no impression with me (terrible film though). Both Michelle Pfeiffer and Anne Hathaway were memorable Catwomen. Probably a risk but I also would prefer unknowns to be cast in the main roles.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
TBH, I never thought Keaton was a good Batman.

Oh I did, unusual casting that worked for me, but I haven't liked any of the Batman's that followed, & the old Columbia serials were pretty poor. But I'm all superheroed out now, so they can do what they like (I really enjoyed reading the comics back in the late fifties & early sixties).

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I know the DCU has had its issues and all, and some of that clearly came from trying too hard to force the connected universe thing too fast, but it just seems weird that WB is kinda keeping that going while at the same time taking what could and should be the most popular cornerstone DC character and seemingly setting him in a separate universe from those films.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Yep. Agree completely. Having Mr Mom cast simply because of his eyes was a pretty bad basis for choosing someone to play the iconic character.
He got the role just for his eyes? Sound a bit far-fetched to me. Anyway, Keaton was a fine Batman and I enjoy rewatching the movie.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
He got the role just for his eyes? Sound a bit far-fetched to me. Anyway, Keaton was a fine Batman and I enjoy rewatching the movie.
Obviously, many people enjoyed him in that role. At first, I tolerated him in that role, but I never thought he was ever good like Bale was as Batman. Differences of opinion is what makes these discussions interesting as I'm sure there are plenty of people that think Bale sucked in that role.:)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Obviously, many people enjoyed him in that role. At first, I tolerated him in that role, but I never thought he was ever good like Bale was as Batman. Differences of opinion is what makes these discussions interesting as I'm sure there are plenty of people that think Bale sucked in that role.:)
Bale and Keaton are very different Batmen. Bale's version is much darker and very good. Keaton was also excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks