What's new

The Bates Motel or the Overlook Hotel - Which one would you rather stay at? (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The header says it all.
The Overlook Hotel might be fancier, but I think I'd take my chances at the Bates Motel. I could probably kick Norman's ass if I had to, but I'd rather not take on Jack! :)
Approved by the Silly Polls Society

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Definitely the Bates Motel.
#1 I don't have boobs so I know he'll leave me alone in the shower. ;)
#2 I'm positive I could mop his scrawny ass if he tried anything funny. :D

David Dennison

Second Unit
I'd choose the Overlook. It would be a great way to make some real progress on a new book I want to write. Here's how it starts:
All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.
:D

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Bates Motel. I'd rather take my chances with a cross-dressing psycho than an alcoholic who wildly overacts. :)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Bates... because I could so take that little wuss down if he tried anything (or his mother) ;)

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
The Bates Motel. After seeing The Shining more then a dozen times it still freaks the shit out of me. Definitely a lot more scary then a cross dresser. Besides, I'm afraid of ghosts.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
The Bates Motel, I wouldn't even have to run into Jack, the two sisters and the blood pouring out of the elevator still freak me out.

Um Kevin, shouldn't someone portraying a crazy person, act crazy? If you perform to the director's specifications, it isn't overacting. It is precisely the effect the director wanted to achieve.

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Most definitely the Overlook Hotel because it's absolutely beautiful. Besides, cross-dressing, knife-weilding crazy people scare me. Now, a normal-ish guy slowly going insane? My kinda roommate...;)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I would definitely go with the Bates. The Shining to this day still scares the living crap out of me. It would be nice to stay in room 237 at the Overlook though. I have heard it is nice.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
"You think I'm fruity huh??!! .... You hid me down there once before, boy....and you'll not do again!! Now get out boy!!"

Ryan Donovan

Stunt Coordinator
The Overlook. If I stayed at the Bates, then I'd just be in for a quick stabbing...but with the Overlook, I get at least a week or so of aesthetic creepiness before someone comes to settle my hash.
My death would be more interesting, is all I'm sayin'.
:crazy:

Mitty

Supporting Actor
The Overlook, but just 'cause I wanna ride that Big-Wheel/Green Machine through the hallways! ;)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Overlook, because as long as you aren't the caretaker, related to the caretaker, or a psychic-cook, you'll have nothing to fear. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks