What's new

THE BAT WHISPERS (1930) IN 70MM (1 Viewer)

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
batwhispers.jpg
Somebody please give us an HD bluray of THE BAT WHISPERS from 1930 in 70mm. The print is out there. Image released a beautiful version on Laserdisc years ago. This is probably the only movie left that I want in my collection -- other than the ones that are lost. Kino? Classicflix? Criterion Collection? Eurkeka Masters of Cinema? Who has the rights?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
View attachment 163507 Somebody please give us an HD bluray of THE BAT WHISPERS from 1930 in 70mm. The print is out there. Image released a beautiful version on Laserdisc years ago. This is probably the only movie left that I want in my collection -- other than the ones that are lost. Kino? Classicflix? Criterion Collection? Eurkeka Masters of Cinema? Who has the rights?
My widescreen DVD has served me faithfully for many years, but I'd love to replace it with a better quality high definition transfer. Please!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I believe the Mary Pickford Foundation owns this. Probably in VCI's hands.
Not exactly. Pickford willed her film collection, including The Bat Whispers, to the Library of Congress, and the UCLA Film and Television Archive restored both versions. That restoration is the basis for the [now technologically ancient] Image Entertainment DVD, part of The Milestone Collection.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
With this thread fresh in my mind, I watched the widescreen version tonight, a kind of strange choice for Thanksgiving. The movie does need further tender, loving digital care, but it was still perfectly acceptable viewing on a 65" OLED.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks