What's new

The Bass Archives (1 Viewer)

terence

Supporting Actor
SoundHound's disc have some serious LOW END! I have one of them and love it! It made me a fan of pipe organ music.

Rudi you are sooooo lucky to have a advance copy, can't wait!

Happen to have a preview copy of the Matrix Rev........ should be a bass fest,...... esp when the machine city SPEAKS!
OMG
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
that part of the film sounded incredible @ our local theater! After i heard it i said that will be the first chapter i plat when i get the DVD.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Rudi! I'll do my best on the sub reviews. The PB2-Ultra review will definitely be a step up from the PB2+ review in terms of testing/measurements.

The SoundHound CD is something else, isn't it? Glad to see visual confirmation of what I knew all along after one listen - motherlode 16-17 Hz hits on the 32 foot pipes.

In the 20 Hz tune, the PB2+ just shredded that CD from start to finish - at Reference Level, thank you. I'm expecting more of the same from the PB2-Ultra. :emoji_thumbsup:

Aaron Howell

Stunt Coordinator

It is. We saw it opening day in IMAX. While standing in line for 2 hours(even with prepurchased tickets) we had some time to talk to the staff, and they told us where to sit for the best sound.

After that I was pretty disappointed ROTK wasn't in IMAX. :frowning:

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator
Uh, found some stuff laying around... :)

Minority Report

The dynamic range is crazy with the "gunshot". -35dB voice, then -65dB silence, then a -7.5dB gunshot. How 'bout that?

And I have some ROTK plots, but I won't release them until the DVD is properly released. If anyone is curious, send me an email.

Ronneil Camara

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

To start capturing deep bass, do you just put the computer running Spectrum software beside your subwoofer and start recording? Do I need a special cable from the receiver's output to the computer's soundcard input? Or a special cable from the subwoofer's output to the computer's soundcard input? This part is still confusing to me.

Please guide me :)

Ronneil

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator
Ronneil,

The best way is to play the DVD on your computer. Read the whole thread.

Of course, you can also buy a measurement microphone (like a Behringer ECM8000), pre-amp and have fun with that. Then you have an RTA, grab an EQ for the subwoofer, start designing speakers... Ya know... :)

Rudi B

Stunt Coordinator
Hm... I lost my text file with the timestamps... Well, I'll just wait for the official R2 DVD release and go mad on that one. :)

These are both from the last "action" sequences in the movie.

Silence, nothing else but Frodo's heartbeat, IIRC.

The destruction of the Eye tower, it falls and makes a big hole... IIRC also.

I'd say that the first segment will be the #1 cause of blown amps/drivers on mass-market subwoofers this year. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks