What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Edward Cline’s The Bank Dick is pure W. C. Fields, full strength and undiluted in a movie that offers the legendary comedian the greatest opportunity he’d ever have to put his brand of comedy on the screen.

The Bank Dick (1940)

Released: 29 Nov 1940
Rated: Not Rated
Runtime: 72 min

Director: Edward F. Cline
Genre: Comedy

Cast: W.C. Fields, Cora Witherspoon, Una Merkel
Writer(s): W.C. Fields, Richard Carroll

Plot: Henpecked Egbert Sousé has comic adventures as a substitute film director and unlikely bank guard.

IMDB rating: 7.2
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Universal
Distributed By: Kino Lorber
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio: 1.37:1
Audio:...

Continue reading...

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
Just watched the Kino blu-ray , Amazing quality . Was W.C. always a little hard to understand ? What a bizarre movie and not what I expected , But haven't seen the movie since I was 12 many decades ago on a 13" tv .

I think I may have confused this movie with one of the old Blondie classics from the 30's (I wish they would release them on bluray)

SPOILER ALERT question .

Why does Shemp walk off away and then movie is over . What did it mean ?

Last edited:

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Jut watched the Kino blu-ray , Amazing quality . Was W.C. always a little hard to understand ? What a bizarre movie and not what I expected , But haven't seen the movie since I was 12 many decades ago on a 13" tv .

I think I may have confused this movie with one of the old Blondie classics from the 30's (I wish they would release them on bluray)

SPOILER ALERT question .

Why does Shemp walk off away and then movie is over . What did it mean ?
To set up the gag of Fields following him back to the Black Pussy, showing that despite his new good fortune, Fields is still the lovable imbiber of those "depth bombs."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks